Filter block the view at corner

Status
Not open for further replies.

force

Dec 21, 2003
West
I am using a wide angle lens... when i put on a UV filter and a polarizer, the view at the 4 corners were blocked...

know there's some very slim filter (both glass and edge), anybody know the name and price of those? the lens is 62mm thread... skylight/UV filter and polarizer... thanks! :D

foxtwo

Mar 11, 2004
singapore
i dun think there's any need to stack with UV filter. :dunno: PL only will still cause vignetting but not to the extent of being "blocked".

Del_CtrlnoAlt

Feb 15, 2003
Outside the Dry Box.
Visit site
its called vignet or vignetting...

uv filter have slim ones, but super expensive, esp at 62mm. b+w may set u back about 100. hoya mayb abit cheaper. depends if u need MRC anot.

maybe remove the UV or 1B filter b4 u screw on the PL...can help.

unless u r using a very wide angle, <24mm, u can get a bigger diameter size PL and screw it on with a step down adaptor onto the lens....this will definitely help, but may be a bit troublesome.

espn

Deregistered
Dec 20, 2002
Planet Nikon
Nikon CIR-PLII is a slim polarizer, have tried it with 77mm WAs with UV filter on, works good.

Alternatively, the older Nikon CIR-PL features a 77-82mm polarizer to prevent vignetting, of course the issue is having to purchase a 82mm len cap. :sweat:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom