Films and Lenses recommendatations for wedding photo take.

Status
Not open for further replies.

pethidine

Feb 7, 2003
Singapore (Northern)
Visit site
Hi all,

Helping a friend to take photographs for her wedding (not the main one...).

Would like to know what recommended films to use (colour-film). ISO160? ISO200? ISO400? ISO800? It would be those tea ceromony thingy.

For lens? Should not be a problem if i use those kit lenses rite? (28-90mm f4.5-5.6)

Please advice.

1. ISO 400

2. use kit lenses only if u hav no other lens

I normally use Reala100 (for natural colours) with widest lens being 24 (good for indoor group shots which shows the ambience - anything wider will be unflattering if you are not careful) and longest being 105 to about 135 (good for portraits or to single out moments). Of course flash is necessary with ISO100 speed and a slow zoom.

Press800 with your kit lens, a flash with bounce card will do the trick :thumbsup:

If you are going for B&W photoj-style, try TriX and rate it @ ISO800 or ISO1600, works wonders and expect the unexpected (yeah... nice grain textures too)

Tea ceremony means that it will be in daytime, NPH400 with flash and bouncecard might be good enough if the lighting is good depending on location. For kit lens, try not to use wide open(4.5) aperture, stop down 1 stop to 5.6 or so.

Let say I use ISO400 or ISO800 film. For the indoor shots, can the following settings work. Just want to shoot and forget about changing settings here and there.

Manual Mode
Aperture: f/5.6 (my kit lens is a 28-90mm f/4.5 - 5.6)
Shutter Speed: 1/60 or 1/40 (depends on my focal length)
Flash: Hmm.. Can use a diffuser straight on (i.e. 90 degrees, pointing at the subject)

Please advice.

pethidine said:
Let say I use ISO400 or ISO800 film. For the indoor shots, can the following settings work. Just want to shoot and forget about changing settings here and there.

Manual Mode
Aperture: f/5.6 (my kit lens is a 28-90mm f/4.5 - 5.6)
Shutter Speed: 1/60 or 1/40 (depends on my focal length)
Flash: Hmm.. Can use a diffuser straight on (i.e. 90 degrees, pointing at the subject)

Please advice.

I dun know but someone's advice is to flash compensate by -0.3EV to prevent a white out look on the subject especially if u are quite close to the subject.... can test lar... seems to work for me... I also have a shoot soon so I am testing out... I did f/5.6 @1/45 flash + bounce card flash -0.3EV.... pretty good effects. Otherwise I also did fire the flash straight on but using the 17mm diffuser that came with the flash (no compensation for flash at all).... effects were quite pleasing...

TME said:
I dun know but someone's advice is to flash compensate by -0.3EV to prevent a white out look on the subject especially if u are quite close to the subject.... can test lar... seems to work for me... I also have a shoot soon so I am testing out... I did f/5.6 @1/45 flash + bounce card flash -0.3EV.... pretty good effects. Otherwise I also did fire the flash straight on but using the 17mm diffuser that came with the flash (no compensation for flash at all).... effects were quite pleasing...

speed rated as 1/45? Did you use any support like monopod or tripod? Just handhold?

Status
Not open for further replies.