Filming and Photography is not allowed at (Yishun) Bus Interchange!! *Rant!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most of the time, guards were told to carry out specific instructions. Discretion is not something they will use freely for fear of making wrong decisions and subsequent reprimandation. You have to live with that, just like they have to live with their "Sunday surprise".

You are on private property - yes surprising no ? SMRT/SBS are private companies and to be exact listed companies. They are not a government agency or arm. The station - train, bus are on private grounds but you can access this as a consumer of the services they sell. If you are going there for any other reasons like filming, peddling or even distributing flyers you are there without permission (if you did not ask and get permission nothing to be said) you can asked to stop, detain and handed over to the police as trespasser. They do not have to give you a logical answer, another way to see this who are you to demand a reason ? Remember it is private property, so even a shareholder does not have that right save at AGM you can ask about this in the other matters section.
It is your tone of entitlement that makes me smile, as it is based on nothing but your sense of importance which the world never recognizes.

You are on private property - yes surprising no ? SMRT/SBS are private companies and to be exact listed companies. They are not a government agency or arm. The station - train, bus are on private grounds but you can access this as a consumer of the services they sell.
To the best of my knowledge, SMRT/SBS are only operators of the transport system. They do not own the facilities, trains, tracks and stations. The fact that the operators are a private company is not relevant for the ownership of the equipment they operate.

You are on private property - yes surprising no ? SMRT/SBS are private companies and to be exact listed companies. They are not a government agency or arm. The station - train, bus are on private grounds but you can access this as a consumer of the services they sell. If you are going there for any other reasons like filming, peddling or even distributing flyers you are there without permission (if you did not ask and get permission nothing to be said) you can asked to stop, detain and handed over to the police as trespasser. They do not have to give you a logical answer, another way to see this who are you to demand a reason ? Remember it is private property, so even a shareholder does not have that right save at AGM you can ask about this in the other matters section.
It is your tone of entitlement that makes me smile, as it is based on nothing but your sense of importance which the world never recognizes.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Why did you let them take down your ic?
Only policemen can demand for your ic.

Their security demand our IC. So to prove that we are not using the video for "terrorist" use.
That's a logic that I really want to get explained :bsmilie:

I think getting the Blacks and Whites on paper ahead is a big time saving,

the good part of Singapore is everyone is following the rules, as long as you have a written proof, no one can argue.

so either contact the person in charge ahead or print out the guideline from authorized information website.

No because if I nvr show them they may suspect that I am hiding something from them.
Which is completely wrong. Remember the baseline of your legal system: guilt / wrong-doing has to be proven, not innocence.

don't be afraid. They can't physically push you out of the area or touch your things without your permission.

They have to call in police if they really wan you to leave.

In the mindset, they don't wan to call police coz it means more paperwork for them and explanations to their bosses.

So just stay put.

Their security demand our IC. So to prove that we are not using the video for "terrorist" use.

That one is to keep as record in case suspicious activity was reported in the area. Its not to prove you are terrorist or not, they can't prove that from the IC alone.

??????????really?
your ic states that "im not a terrorist"?

His IC photo would look like this if he is one: :)

terrorist-laughing.jpg

nitewalk said:
That one is to keep as record in case suspicious activity was reported in the area. Its not to prove you are terrorist or not, they can't prove that from the IC alone.

IC, passport, student pass, ezlink card.. All card in world can't really show are u a terrorist or not.
By time if really things happened, it will be too late and some ppl (eg keyboard warrior) will said why didn't stop them, why this, why that

Last edited:
IC, passport, student pass, ezlink card.. All card in world can't really show are u a terrorist or not.
By time if really things happened, it will be too late and some ppl (eg keyboard warrior) will said why didn't stop them, why this, whey that

Of course not. But typically they just keep a documentation. Just diary down that they came across a man taking photos and staff did a check then keep a record of the particulars. Standard stuff.

This is the footage I got. It clearly show there's isn't a lot people at the interchange.
http://youtu.be/4CJdm5VXwgM

it's not about the footage or whether there were lesser or more human traffic. the way you're phrasing it is that you still don't understand what was explained about filming in the bus interchange?

I was taking a structure out a building, security came, I asked, he says ok. After some time, another just came over n ask me to go off. I told him first one ok but he says no. I got no choice n pack up. So, it's up to them to close one eye or not else even you taking outside their building, they might stop you too.

thinking from another perspective, the first guard might have been new and not sure about the regulations so he said "ok". but the other more experienced guard found out and approached you to stop you.

a security guard who made a mistake doesn't exempt you from continuing something that's against the regulations stipulated by the building's owner/owners.

Perhaps this is why they are extra sensitive. Yishun MRT Station was a terrorist target in 2001.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Singapore_embassies_attack_plot

On another note, does it really help improve the image of photographers by "standing your rights" and acting like a big bully? Why not simply smile, compile and then write in to their superiors to clarify and get clearance and come back. Then you can shoot all you want without interference. For all you know the guards might even tell you the best angles to shoot. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.