Film users: what's your roadmap for 2006 and beyond...

Film users: what's your roadmap for 2006 and beyond?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
ppl like me who used Digital den Film, will still embrace film...

lets hope velvia, provia won't get discountinued...

My prediction will come true. The more you go serious learning all about photography the more you want to spent time developing and printing in the darkroom.

Likewise the serious student of photography going for his degree or PHd won't get it if he does not know even how to develop a roll of 120 size film.

Fortunate are those who move to film from digital and now enjoying the fuse of the ultimate in the large format arena. For not only we discover to have more fun we begin to find new approaches to expressing creativity.

---------------------------------------
Sheet film allows us to learn and
discover the boundless beauty of form,
function and nature in great detail
with precision, firm decision! :thumbsup:

must learn to grasp film photography better
otherwise my skill will just stagnant

Until Nikon wakes up and give me a nice FF DSLR (FF CCD in a D50 body i also happy), i will continue to use film.

Film for leisure..... More details, contasts, more fun..... Think before shoot.

Digital for work..... Convinence, take now then preview, for ease of course..... Just shoot but dont shoot thousands.

Its both film n digital for me depending the subject i am taking. Also because FF dig cam still out of my reach. I miss those dramatic pictures taken by 12-24mm on film:cry: . But that said I've the consolation of having my 500mm turn into a wopping 800mm by the 1.6 factor of my 20D.:)

My Film body - Landscapes FF = very wide angles

My Digital body - 1.6x Good for getting tight crops on models :sticktong and action

Not only must you learn how to develop your own negatives, its time to learn how to make your own 'feelims' as well.

If I am travelling, FILM .....If I need FF, FILM ....If I am shooting weddings, FILM...If I am shooting for clients, DIGITAL ..instant preview ...take until they are happy :bsmilie:

So, will continue to use BOTH :)

If I am "serious", film.

If I am messing around, digital.

student said:
If I am "serious", film.

If I am messing around, digital.

If I have much time to shoot ... film (the larger the film the better)

If I have to shoot with many photographers on model shoot ... digital (the larger the CF card the better). Shoot thousand shots and choose few good shots. (Kiasu la)

If I have to shoot with many models and many photographers.... video cam. :)

hobby shoot- use film,

holiday pics- use film,

i prefer flipping photo album by hand 2 slide shows on PC. :)

Funny, so many people profess to use film, but when I go CS model shoots, I am always the only film user around, and people actually pity me ("Eh, give him a chance, he still shooting film lah")...

It's a pity most digital users don't understand the true cost of using digital, and don't know the advantages of using film-- in fact, some people don't even know how to use film, they are so scared of using film cameras because they have no instant feedback, they are so lost because the yhave no idea how the picture will turn out...

i started on a digicam and probaly will stay with it for a long time. no point go spend money on film or digital slr when my shots are still nothing fantastic ba.

waileong said:
Funny, so many people profess to use film, but when I go CS model shoots, I am always the only film user around, and people actually pity me ("Eh, give him a chance, he still shooting film lah")...

It's a pity most digital users don't understand the true cost of using digital, and don't know the advantages of using film-- in fact, some people don't even know how to use film, they are so scared of using film cameras because they have no instant feedback, they are so lost because the yhave no idea how the picture will turn out...

Fully agreed. :thumbsup:

For serious shoots, I will use film... for those fun shoots, i use digital.

i just ordered 10 rolls of 100VS and a can of TMY..

still like film for my own stuff..though digital is the way for work..

primarily digital workflow at work

but no preference bias for others. managed to obtain some *very* expired film, including a roll of (develop-before-1986) Sakura colour transparency film. will be shooting with them, but have no idea how the chemicals have 'aged'...

kex said:
i just ordered 10 rolls of 100VS and a can of TMY..

still like film for my own stuff..though digital is the way for work..

Hmmm, I also just ordered 1 martell 'toa pow', one carton of stout and one carton of beer ...

Status
Not open for further replies.