[Film users] What do you do with the empty plastic canisters?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ah Pao

Nov 7, 2003
Singapore
www.facebook.com
I used to hand them in together with the roll and then I discovered that the labs just throw them away. I find it very environmentally unfriendly to just throw them away so I keep them now. However, I have problems finding uses for them or recycling them.

Any suggestions from film (or digital) users? :dunno:

munwai

Nov 27, 2002
Bosch
public.fotki.com
hi hi...when I am outdoor, esp seasports, backpacking and mountain trekking, I recycle them for dry storage. Keep my matchsticks dry inisde them and convert few of them as containers for spice, sugar, salt and pepper, for outdoor cooking. Even in my field first aid kit. Coins storage.

stevkee

Dec 31, 2003
Singapore
Visit site
Well,
When I am not shooting photographs, I'm also into building of plastic model kits. A friend of mine usually passed me those fujiflim plastic clear canisters. I used them to store paints that I have mixed & ready to pour into the airbrush for spraying. :cool:

FOOXX

Sep 7, 2002
Visit site
Ah Pao said:
I used to hand them in together with the roll and then I discovered that the labs just throw them away. I find it very environmentally unfriendly to just throw them away so I keep them now. However, I have problems finding uses for them or recycling them.

Any suggestions from film (or digital) users? :dunno:
if u do bulk rolling, u may wanna keep them.

:D

tmc17479

Oct 23, 2003
Bukit Timah
Visit site
Anyone got spare canisters or know where i can get them? Thinking about converting them to store silica granules to keep in my camera bag.

FOOXX

Sep 7, 2002
Visit site
tmc17479 said:
Anyone got spare canisters or know where i can get them? Thinking about converting them to store silica granules to keep in my camera bag.
u can try azking the photo labz ..... they will be more than willing to give them to u since they will be throwing them away.

:D

Spectrum

Jun 22, 2003
Here
Visit site
Keep those black canister(from Kodak) wherever you can find cause it's very useful when you have bulk film to store. This canister doesn't expose to light as easy as those semi-transparent type. Or am I talking no-brainer things again? :think: Just a thought.

fantom

Dec 27, 2003
USA FarEast
Visit site
The plastic containers....useful things :)
Uses so far ... seperate my fishing hooks,swivels and lead sinkers, storage of my AAA rechargeables (4ea), hobbycraft items e.g. beads, coins etc.

james m

Dec 28, 2002
I toss them into the recycling bin ....

Dec 14, 2003
Toa Payoh
Visit site
After a couple of hundred rolls, I would give it to the clinics as they use it for urine samples! Hehe.........Best way to recycle :thumbsup:

hanoman

Dec 17, 2002
a.little.red.dot
What I did: I put silica gel into the canister. And make many small holes, put the canister into my camera bag. Cheap and easy.

espn

Deregistered
Dec 20, 2002
Planet Nikon
Follow sulhan's method of making hotshoe protectors and cut them into the bits. :)

wacko

Mar 27, 2002
Singapore
Visit site
hanoman said:
What I did: I put silica gel into the canister. And make many small holes, put the canister into my camera bag. Cheap and easy.
you do realise that is not going to make any difference as long as your camera bag is not airtight.

clive

Oct 9, 2002
Visit site
Godzilla Invades said:
I would give it to the clinics as they use it for urine samples! Hehe.........Best way to recycle :thumbsup:
film canister size is too small for clinic usage :bsmilie:

darkspade

Oct 5, 2003
Use them to store coins. Size perfect for 50-cents coins. If u keep one canister full of coins handy, can even use them as weapon when the need arises :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom