Film Types?

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Gee

Hi

I am sure this is the dumbest question to ask but what difference does the film 'speed': ISO 100, 200, 400 etc etc make to a photo?

I like to photograph graffiti and was told to use 100 films because it absorbs colour the best... can anyone tell me what effects different types have on the outcome please?

Thanks
GEE-

Originally posted by Gee

can anyone tell me what effects different types have on the outcome please?

Simplest explanation I can think of - the higher the ISO number or "faster" film like 400,800,1600 as opposed to the 100, the less light is required for a proper exposure (allowing you to use a smaller aperture and/or faster shutter speed). However, this low-light capability of the "faster" film is at a cost... the pictures will be more grainy.

film sensitivity in short.
so a 100ASA will be less sensitive to light and hence requires a longer exposure but not compromising color quality then instead usually having better saturation

always true for everyone I guess, USE A TRIPOD!?

it might be interesting to note the direction of light and shadow on the wall then

thanks alot:)

Originally posted by tucker
film sensitivity in short.
so a 100ASA will be less sensitive to light and hence requires a longer exposure but not compromising color quality then instead usually having better saturation

always true for everyone I guess, USE A TRIPOD!?

it might be interesting to note the direction of light and shadow on the wall then

Yo......agree totally......but sometimes i lazy bring tripod outdoor to take pics.....

Status
Not open for further replies.