Film SLR purchase recently anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

satan_18349

Deregistered
May 6, 2004
hell 極樂世&
With the mad rush of almost everyone going into Digital photography
(esp 300D n D70!!)...wonder recently is there still anyone getting film SLR like me who juz upgrade to a F80? :dunno:

A couple of months ago, I added a MAXXUM 9 to my Minolta stable. It's a nice body that handles so well with my lens. It doesn't have the high-tech frills of the M7, but in my hands, it just a natural shoot. It's a work of art; it's a classic camera. It's to me, like the camera-obscura was to Da Vinci. I love the large-bright viewfinder. I hope the D7D will come close to the quality of the M9.

satan_18349 said:
(esp 300D n D70!!)...wonder recently is there still anyone getting film SLR like me who juz upgrade to a F80? :dunno:

I started with digital, got pretty good at PS and then 'progressed' to film!! .. The Camera?.. an F80.
I think getting 'results' digitally first is a good grounding as an introduction to film. And the F80 is a superb camera. OK I may be tempted by a D70 or Fuji S3 and enjoy the freedom to experiment endlessly that digital gives you but I believe film slows you down in a good way and really makes you think about what you're shooting and in the long run no matter what anyone says, until they come out with a 'consumer camera' offering somewhere between about 14 and 22 MP (Not that MP is the whole story) digital still hasn't matched Film for quality... Even then I still think film will have something going for it... And I'm a great fan of Digital so I don't think I have a bias.

You just enjoy your F80 (But Photoshop can't half help!)

i all along use film...when i got my new cam...i still stuck by film hahah...

looking (just looking) around for a few slr's to add to the collection: konica T3 or T4, canon FTb, olympus OM2 or maybe a pentax 67.

a nikon FE will be joining the stables soon.

it's film all the way. :D

Juz got a 3000V to kick start my 1st step in phtotography :)

Hi,
Will be getting either a EOS 1V or Mamiya 7 II in 2 months time.. ;)

satan_18349 said:

Just Downgrade from 10D to Minolta Dynax 7......

I'm considering the new Canon EOS 30V to replace my EOS 30.

Cheers,

Yeah, I got a F80 last year August. Its a great camera with many features and serves me great. I am new to photography. Would like to invest in a good cam but not burn my pockets. Hence, the F80 suits my budget just fine.

Been using a rangerfinder with 2 lenses - 50mm f2 and a 90mm f2.8.
And also a Contax T3 compact camera with 35mm f2.8 lens.
I never even bother to look at digital camera! :devil:

Bernard Ong said:
Yeah, I got a F80 last year August. Its a great camera with many features and serves me great. I am new to photography. Would like to invest in a good cam but not burn my pockets. Hence, the F80 suits my budget just fine.

great man!! yap..i lovveee my F80 too...juz added a SB-800 to enhance this baby... :thumbsup:

Starting out with digital bad for your photographic health...film all the way baby....weeewootttttttttttt..............

All my personal cameras are film cam, except for a Monolta Z-1 which I bring around to take snap-shots with.

Prismatic said:
All my personal cameras are film cam, except for a Monolta Z-1 which I bring around to take snap-shots with.

Ya me too!! always got my favourite ixus i with me...don't really think i'll be carry an SLR at all times... :dunno:

Film...digi....also can lah :)
Using film to digi...80 to 20%
My D70 used for fun shots...more serious use my film cam.
Still like my film more...dunno :dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.