Film Shoot Outing

Status
Not open for further replies.

USM

Apr 25, 2002
Visit site
I am organising a film shoot outing for fellow Canon users.

Everyone who is attending this outing must use a film camera, be it EOS 500, 5, 30, 50, 30v, 3, 1v and so on.

In addition, each person is only allow to use a roll of 36 exposures film, so it's really one shot, one kill, unlike digital cameras where you can fire like machine guns.

This is a real test of your photography technical skills such as metering, exposure, etc.

Still remember how to load a roll of film into the film chamber? Ever wonder how is Full Frame like in terms of perspective?

This is also an opportunity to celebrate the film legacy.

For more information, kindly go to the link

I want to take part. Thank you;)

count me in....

Date : 7 Oct, 2006 Saturday
Time : 0845 - 1200 hours
Meeting Place : City Hall MRT Station Control.
Theme : Street / Photojournalistic

List :

1) USM
2) niktange
3) denniskee
4) Justshot
5) chickentang

Tentative :

1) madmacs
2) Canew

Cannot, my old cannon rusty le. shutter spoil also. Too bad lah, If as THE THREAD TITLE suggested Film Shoot outing without brand bias, then can join.

List :

1) USM
2) niktange
3) denniskee
4) Justshot
5) chickentang
6) jamestyemk
7) madmacs
8) Canew

At last, a film shoot outing! ;p See you guys on Sat.

Time to warm up the film camera. Yeah!!!

Film is still the best. If you think 35mm is difficult, try large format photography. Now, that is really 1 shoot, 1 kill.

You have only a few pieces of sheet film to work with. And not to mention the weight of your equipment. BUT, it is worth all the extra effort the moment you look at the developed sheet film on the lightbox. The feeling is very, very different.

What's more, you can produce 2.5GB scan from a single 4x5 sheet film. That is roughly equivalent to a 144 megapixel camera!

just clean the eos50e, change the batteries, reset all custom function, re-calibrate eye control function. long long time never use liao, not sure metering still good, especially now with the haze.

all set :bsmilie:

I just found out that all my 2CR5 batteries flat. :sweat: This shows that it has been a long long time since I used my film camera.

thats why i buy grip for my 50e, can use AA batteries.

will CP help to cut the haze?

Status
Not open for further replies.