Film Scanning: Need advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

yaoxing

Feb 16, 2003
Bedok, Singapore
Visit site
1) How do you remove dust from the film before scanning?
2) How do you remove dirt and fingerprints (and other things which sticks to the film) before scanning?
3) Can fungi grow on films? If so, any way to remove or reduce them?
4) Is there any way to restore films back to its stainless condition? Any shop does that?

yaoxing said:
1) How do you remove dust from the film before scanning?
2) How do you remove dirt and fingerprints (and other things which sticks to the film) before scanning?
3) Can fungi grow on films? If so, any way to remove or reduce them?
4) Is there any way to restore films back to its stainless condition? Any shop does that?

1. I usually use a blower to bolw any excess dust off followed by using a soft brush to remove any reemaining dust.

2) see abv. For fingerprints, wipe with a non abrasive cloth.

3) Of cos fungi can grow. You need to be careful where you store your negs. How to remove...no idea.

Regarding #4

Heard that you can remove them if you wash the negatives in a special solution .

You can get the solution from ruby i think ..

coca88 said:
Regarding #4

Heard that you can remove them if you wash the negatives in a special solution .

You can get the solution from ruby i think ..

Any idea how much the solution will cost? Do I need special equipment to wash the negatives with?

Cost wise , I'm not sure , but shouldn't cost you more than 30 dollars i think .

Btw do seek advise from them to see if it works or not ... coz I've not tried that before :p

I read the suggestion through a website , can't remember the website though

Status
Not open for further replies.