Film processing (EXCLUDING scanning) - best prices

postboxes

Jan 25, 2017
Singapore
Hi all,

I used to swear by Triple D @ Burlington for film processing, since it only cost $3.50 per C41 roll.
However, prices have been jacked up recently - in the last month or so - and now it's $4.50 per roll.

Anyone knows other labs that do it for cheaper?

Also I've always thought that, barring some cases of complete incompetence, the difference in lab shouldn't make too much (or any) difference in the processing results...please correct me if this is wrong in your experience!

Note that I do not care at all about the price or quality of scanning, I do that myself.
:)

Maybe you need to adjust your expectations? A niche hobby cannot come with mainstream mass market prices.

Hey, I'm not stopping shooting. I experienced a 28% price increase with the shop of my choice, so I thought I could tap into the experience and knowledge of the community for information I'd possibly missed. I guess I was asking for a lecture.

If Triple D is still the cheapest, it's still the cheapest, nuff said.

Triple D still cheaper. Fotohub is charging $5.89 for colour and $10.70 for B/W http://www.fotohub.com/full-retail-pricelist/
Thanks for the info for comparison!

Last edited:
Also, Triple D does film processing efficiently. Sending a roll before 2pm, you should be able to get it done by 5pm. This may or may not be important to you.

I switched to konota after the price hike. Its at peninsular just beside Capital plaza. They currently charge $4 for 4hrs developing time and $5 for 1hr. Sometimes when i send in at 3 or 4pm, the uncle returns to me at 6pm for normal service. Worked much better personally as I would usually have to go back another day if i develop at TripleD. Sorry i am not too sure about the scanning price, though i heard it did increase abit just a week or two ago.

Also, Triple D does film processing efficiently. Sending a roll before 2pm, you should be able to get it done by 5pm. This may or may not be important to you.

Thanks for sharing! This is helpful - altho in my own experience the man has always told me I'd need to come back the next day if I send in after 1130am.

I switched to konota after the price hike. Its at peninsular just beside Capital plaza. They currently charge $4 for 4hrs developing time and $5 for 1hr. Sometimes when i send in at 3 or 4pm, the uncle returns to me at 6pm for normal service. Worked much better personally as I would usually have to go back another day if i develop at TripleD. Sorry i am not too sure about the scanning price, though i heard it did increase abit just a week or two ago.

That's brilliant information...I will definitely be trying konota soon :)

As an update, I've sent 4 colour C41 rolls to Konota. $4 a piece, submitted at around 10:30am and collected at 3pm. Fast service - but I noticed some very light scratches on 2 or 3 frames (in total across 4 rolls)...may be a dealbreaker for some but fine with me.

I been happy with konota. Their one hour service is actually even faster than one hour. Today was at brash basah dropped by shalom they couldn't even do it within 2 hours.

Still missing the grace photo, i used to visiti them during lunch break for 135 and medium format color film development, same 3.5sgd per roll for both color 135 or 120 film, even crossprocess slide film at same price since just dump in the same chemical as color negative.

The speed is fast as well, after fimish lunch, you can already collect and back to office.:p

Too bad it is gone now

Grace Lab was the best place, and it was cheap too. RIP Simon.

Triple D is still $4.50 for develop, $9.50 for scan + develop 1 roll of C-41
I believe Konota bumped their scan + develop prices up to $12, putting the price on par with some neighbourhood labs I've been to. I'll confirm with my friend tomorrow.

I'm curious to know, does everyone have their own film scanning machine to scan the developed film?

Triple D is still $4.50 for develop, $9.50 for scan + develop 1 roll of C-41
I believe Konota bumped their scan + develop prices up to $12, putting the price on par with some neighbourhood labs I've been to. I'll confirm with my friend tomorrow.

I'm curious to know, does everyone have their own film scanning machine to scan the developed film?

Konota is now doing for $12 for scan+developing and if you want it in 1 hour it is $15.

No, I don't have a film scanner at home. thinking of getting one though