Film photography

Status
Not open for further replies.

jansenaw

Jan 1, 2007
Anyone knows a place that does cheap film processing in Singapore? Many people have suggested switching to digital camera but i still would like to try using my nikon f4. Pls give me more information on how i can cut my cost for dealing with film photography.

buy a jobo processor and process your own film.. cheaper in the long run
go ebay and invest in a good used film scanner. scan processed film. images are ready for digital manipulation and archiving. you get the best of both worlds.

Anyone knows a place that does cheap film processing in Singapore? Many people have suggested switching to digital camera but i still would like to try using my nikon f4. Pls give me more information on how i can cut my cost for dealing with film photography.

B&W or colour? If colour, it's cheaper to send to lab.
The cost of getting a Jobo processor can be saved up to get a cheap DSLR.

buy a jobo processor and process your own film.. cheaper in the long run
go ebay and invest in a good used film scanner. scan processed film. images are ready for digital manipulation and archiving. you get the best of both worlds.

Depends on whether you're doing colour negative, colour slides or B&W. If it's colour negative, it's cheaper to send to lab. For colour slides, you'll need a Jobo processor with temperature control for colour consistency. Still doesn't make sense if you don't process a lot. Chemical is not cheap and quite a hassle. Save up the money to get a DSLR will make more sense.

For B&W, just get a film tank and DIY. Definitely much cheaper. It's better if you can still find the Jobo daylight loading tank.. Don't even need a darkroom or dark bag. ;p

Status
Not open for further replies.