FILM is alive & strong : revivalism of film

Status
Not open for further replies.

drtokina

Deregistered
Jan 24, 2006
:) :)

just when everyone is jumping on the dslr bandwagon,

least did they not realise that another bandwagon just cross them on the way-the film bandwagon!!!

welcome all those steadfast film camera us:thumbsup: ers!!!

A film die-harder. I still use film whenever I can.

OT here, isn't the word "revivalism" more commonly used in a religious context? Maybe you're looking for "revitalisation". I dunno, just wondering...

Perhaps its the word 'revival' that had led to a wrong use in words.

Film is no doubt the best medium, but for workflow wise, I'd still choose digital. Being a lazy bugger I am, the thought of lugging slide/film scanners in addition to my laptop for my trips are a big :nono:

jsbn said:
Being a lazy bugger I am, the thought of lugging slide/film scanners in addition to my laptop for my trips are a big :nono:

Haha!

I am also a lazy bugger!

Therefore I do not lug film scanners and laptop for my trips. In fact, scanners and laptops only come in when I want to post pictures on the web!

Somehow I cannot replicate the results I get with film on a DSLR.
Trying to sell my DSLR and go into Medium Format photography.

Terence said:
OT here, isn't the word "revivalism" more commonly used in a religious context? Maybe you're looking for "revitalisation". I dunno, just wondering...

We always have the film foundamentlists. Now a new group of revitalists are trying to make a stand against the digital royalists. Within the digital royalists there are two camps. One is the digital extremists who only shoot digital and the digital pragmatists who shoot both digital and films.

Among the digital extremists there is a sect of digital terrorists who buys film cameras cheaply and strap them on their bodies with water bombs. They are called suicide shooters.
:bsmilie:

Sion said:
We always have the film foundamentlists. Now a new group of revitalists are trying to make a stand against the digital royalists. Within the digital royalists there are two camps. One is the digital extremists who only shoot digital and the digital pragmatists who shoot both digital and films.

Among the digital extremists there is a sect of digital terrorists who buys film cameras cheaply and strap them on their bodies with water bombs. They are called suicide shooters.

are u one of them?

Cheesecake said:
:dunno: wat's going on??

I think the Slide Master has striked again!

Revive what? Film was never dead.

Sion said:

thought they are gmpg gunners? :bsmilie:

Film is dead to me... ever since I got my full-frame camera. Long live rangefinders!!

but your friends say there's nothing to shoot in singapore anyway.. so even if you 'resuscitate' the films, it'll still be sitting in your fridge or somewhere..

yanyewkay said:
but your friends say there's nothing to shoot in singapore anyway.. so even if you 'resuscitate' the films, it'll still be sitting in your fridge or somewhere..

tat's y i starting shooting charbos :)

Status
Not open for further replies.