Film for A/D weddings

Status
Not open for further replies.

sweat100

Jul 7, 2002
Singapore
sweat100.multiply.com
Hi, I am going to recieve an assignment to cover an actual day wedding as a backup. Just wanted to know what are suitable films for use. For eg, HDB tea ceremony, night dinner? I am looking at fuji films. I need to know the chracteristic differences between NPC, NPS and NPH (old names) such as exposue latitude, colour saturation etc... Both NPC and NPS are 160, will it be too slow for indoor shots, such as bridal make up and so on? (btw, using a 2.8 lens) Was thinking the NPH might be better cos it is 400. Anywhere i can find NPZ in SG also? :dunno:

Or should I use Press 800? Will the colours be muted as i learnt from ppl?

Spoilt for choice with the number of film to choose... ;p

400 speed film is still a little slow for available light shooting in most indoor locations, you'll need at least 800. But if you must really use 400 film, use NPH 400, although its a bit expensive. I personally have tried Press 800 and Superia 800, they both perform equally well for the price. A cheap option would be to push Xtra400 to 800.

sweat100 said:
Hi, I am going to recieve an assignment to cover an actual day wedding as a backup. Just wanted to know what are suitable films for use. For eg, HDB tea ceremony, night dinner? I am looking at fuji films. I need to know the chracteristic differences between NPC, NPS and NPH (old names) such as exposue latitude, colour saturation etc... Both NPC and NPS are 160, will it be too slow for indoor shots, such as bridal make up and so on? (btw, using a 2.8 lens) Was thinking the NPH might be better cos it is 400. Anywhere i can find NPZ in SG also? :dunno:

Or should I use Press 800? Will the colours be muted as i learnt from ppl?

Spoilt for choice with the number of film to choose... ;p

NPZ is not sold in Singapore, but I have my own personal stock which I keep refrigerated. If you are interested to have some please PM me.

If you are shooting pure ambient, you need both 800 film and preferably a fast prime lens, unless you are certain that your zoom is good at f2.8. For ambient shooting, you could consider chromogenic B&W films like Kodak BW400CN as well. If you are shooting with flash, you can also consider Kodak Portra 400VC. I prefer the colour of 400VC over that of NPH400. Press, Superia is good for general or tableshots but I won't want to use it closeup as its not as flattering on skintones compared to NPS/NPH/Portra.

Agree. Press is good only for general stuff. But the skintones on the NPS and NPHs are fantastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.