Film Base to Pixels - A Transition from Darkroom to Digital Printing

Editor

ClubSNAP Editor
Staff member
Jul 19, 2012
CANON-logo-384x1511.jpg

Film Base to Pixels - A Transition from Darkroom to Digital Printing

Whether you shoot film from time to time or you’ve got a ton of negatives from the past, film scanning is a skill worth learning. So many of today’s relatively inexpensive flatbed scanners can digitize slides and negatives, and even the least expensive can yield results good enough for printing.

Master Printer, James Tan will show you everything you need to know to make the finest digital prints from your digital camera files, transparencies or negatives. From capturing your vision in digital or film images to scanning film to choosing the right printer,
He will share the results of extensive testing in the pursuit of making the best possible prints. And beyond the technical details, you will learn ways to make your images stronger and more compelling. Printing your images increases your perceived value as a photographer. To offer a beautifully finished printed piece shows that you care about your photography and that you put effort into the presentation of your imagery for your clients.

Canon PIXMA PRO printers, with an expanded colour gamut for improved saturation of colours and darker, deeper blacks, are designed to deliver professional quality photographic prints and achieve new levels of colour and skin tone reproduction.

Canon CanoScan 9000F Mark II scanner with high scanning resolution of 9,600 dpi and a fast film scanning. The quality scanner from Canon is suitable for negatives, slides, documents and photos. For serious photo enthusiasts the Canon CanoScan 9000F Mark II provides scanner an excellent quality at high speed. The automatic scan optimization is with Fare offers EZ buttons. The color depth is 48 bits and the Canon CanoScan 9000F Scanner Mark II offers Auto Document Fix and Auto Photo Fix II.

Join us as we bring you from the initial concept of finding a winning image, through to processing images for printing and selection of paper media for optimal output.

Limited to 40 pax Per Class ONLY.
Saturday, 13th May 2017 @ Canon Event Room, Fusionopolis

Time: 10:00am - 4:00pm

Registration from: 9:30am

* Meet at Canon Singapore Pte. Ltd.
1 Fusionopolis Place,#14-10 Galaxis (East Lobby)
Singapore 138522

Free admission. Due to limited space, registration is required.
Your place is secured when the confirmed registration list is announced on/before Wednesday 10th May 2017 evening by ClubSNAP.

Singapore 138522

Free admission. Due to limited space, registration is required.
Your place is secured when the confirmed registration list is announced on/before Wednesday 29th March 2017 evening by ClubSNAP.

IMG_3186.jpg

IMG_3185.jpg

IMG_3179.jpg

IMG_3192.jpg

Hi,

May I know if this workshop is the same as per the one which was conducted earlier this month? Thanks.

Hi,

May I know if this workshop is the same as per the one which was conducted earlier this month? Thanks.

It will emphasize on Scanning of film to Digital Printing.

Hello
I registered for this event but am no longer able to attend. Can you please cancel my registration?
Many thanks
Regards
Carlos

Registration is Open:

Please Click and Register here: https://goo.gl/forms/ZcaSR5VLsKIgvaB32

* Disclaimer: ClubSNAP reserve the rights to select from the registered list who will be coming for the The Digital Print Workflow.

Film_Base_to_Pixels_-_A_Transition_from_Darkroom_to_Digital_Printing.jpg

For those who have Slides, Negatives etc and want to try Scanning them, do bring it along.

James Tan will select some to scan and print during the workshop.

Registration is Open:

* Disclaimer: ClubSNAP reserve the rights to select from the registered list who will be coming for the The Digital Print Workflow.

Meet at Canon Singapore Pte. Ltd.
Singapore 138522

For those who have Slides, Negatives etc and want to try Scanning them, do bring it along.

1. Composition
  2. Dsolz
  3. ce2730
  4. BlimeyOmega
  5. Wanderhearts
  6. The Dry Box
  7. Drawde
  8. Marcus Chen
  9. Annej
  10. pohai
  11. Syeet
  12. Xtol19
  13. timlim
  14. Dong dong
  15. Shiwei
  16. suhaimig
  17. altms
  18. chingky
  19. lobang_sg
  20. swatch
  21. tepidhalibut
  22. Thien
  23. dwjjustin
  24. b0yax00
  25. pezziny
  26. tumbleweed
  27. wallyworld
  28. moodyvamo
  29. Bishop
  30. stemetil77
  31. Lawrencewkl
  32. kanekoichi
  33. joohoh87
  34. Name
  35. kevtan
  36. studsincircless
  37. Distagon

Direction to Canon Office

Canon Singapore Pte. Ltd.
Singapore 138522

You do NOT need to change pass from the security counter at the lobby.
Look for ushers with Canon lanyard and they will be there to guide you to take the correct lift lobby.

Below are directions to our offices at Fusionopolis Place, Galaxis via MRT, bus or car.

MRT
The nearest MRT station is one-north (CC23), on the Circle Line (Orange Line).

Exit at Exit D (towards Galaxis)
- Follow East Lobby (Not West Lobby) for Canon main office

Bus
The nearest bus stops are:
Opposite Portsdown Camp (18159), SBS Service 191
Opposite JVC Electronics (18051), SBS Service 91

Car
You can reach our office by car:
- Via the Ayer Rajah Expressway (AYE), take exit 8 to North Buona Vista Road. Turn right to Portsdown Road, then turn right to Fusionopolis Place.

*We would recommend you to check the best efficient driving directions from your departure location via the various online map services such as Google Maps.

Google Map Link
https://goo.gl/maps/UVdfSYwvWaB2

relocation-wearehere.jpg

Actually i am only interested in the printing. Will the training be focussed on the scanning than the printing? If that is the case, i would like to withdraw from this workshop.

Actually i am only interested in the printing. Will the training be focussed on the scanning than the printing? If that is the case, i would like to withdraw from this workshop.

On Both Scan and Print.

Registration is Open:

Meet at Canon Singapore Pte. Ltd.
Singapore 138522

1. Dsolz
  2. ce2730
  3. BlimeyOmega
  4. Wanderhearts
  5. The Dry Box
  6. Drawde
  7. Marcus Chen
  8. Annej
  9. pohai
  10. Syeet
  11. Xtol19
  12. timlim
  13. Dong dong
  14. Shiwei
  15. suhaimig
  16. altms
  17. chingky
  18. lobang_sg
  19. swatch
  20. tepidhalibut
  21. Thien
  22. dwjjustin
  23. b0yax00
  24. pezziny
  25. tumbleweed
  26. wallyworld
  27. moodyvamo
  28. Bishop
  29. stemetil77
  30. Lawrencewkl
  31. kanekoichi
  32. joohoh87
  33. Name
  34. kevtan
  35. studsincircless
  36. Distagon
  37. Simngcy
  38. uzume002
  39. tomorrow19
  40. oceanpriest
  41. long
  42. Thien
  43. donzash

Direction to Canon Office

Canon Singapore Pte. Ltd.
Singapore 138522

You do NOT need to change pass from the security counter at the lobby.
Look for ushers with Canon lanyard and they will be there to guide you to take the correct lift lobby.

Below are directions to our offices at Fusionopolis Place, Galaxis via MRT, bus or car.

MRT
The nearest MRT station is one-north (CC23), on the Circle Line (Orange Line).

Exit at Exit D (towards Galaxis)
- Follow East Lobby (Not West Lobby) for Canon main office

Bus
The nearest bus stops are:
Opposite Portsdown Camp (18159), SBS Service 191
Opposite JVC Electronics (18051), SBS Service 91

Car
You can reach our office by car:
- Via the Ayer Rajah Expressway (AYE), take exit 8 to North Buona Vista Road. Turn right to Portsdown Road, then turn right to Fusionopolis Place.

*We would recommend you to check the best efficient driving directions from your departure location via the various online map services such as Google Maps.

Google Map Link
https://goo.gl/maps/UVdfSYwvWaB2

relocation-wearehere.jpg

Dear Editor,

I am unable to attend as I will be helping fund raising event for donation this Saturday.

Thanks.

Dear Editor,

Please remove donzash from the list. I thought I didn't get the slot as I didn't get an e-mail confirmation, so I made other plans. Please do help remove me from the list.

Cheers,
Donzash

Dear Editor,

I can't make it to this workshop tomorrow Please remove Kevtan from the list. sorry for the trouble and thank you.

hi

Can I still join this workshop?

Regards

Simon

Dear Editor ,

I am unable to attend the workshop tomorrow. Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Regards,
Pohai

I missed the course, have forgotten to check back in when the selected members have been announced. My sincere apologies :(

As promised, here are the calibration targets
$Capture1.jpg

Reactions: The Dry Box