files disappearing

Status
Not open for further replies.

redname

Oct 8, 2009
Hi,
anyone has this experience w/ their cam?

i got some files which suddenly disappears, it jus shows a red cross while scrolling thru them in my cam.

some of the pics even get cut off, tht means half of the pic becomes a black block.

wat can be wrg? i'm using a d70s

try a different memory card and see if it happens again
format it with the camera first

ok thanks.

i jus tried formatting w the camera, hope it won't happen again, got lots of shots tht i'm actually very happy w/ but suddenly got deleted

Did you accidentally switched off the camera, or battery went flat, while it's still writing the files?

You might want to take some test shots after formatting, to verify that everything's ok.

Possibly faulty CF card. If you see pink streak across the picture then it is the sensor dying or dead.

If I were you I would test the camera and CF card like mad for a few days to see if any problem. I would be very weary using this for anything important, even unimportant.

Possibly faulty CF card. If you see pink streak across the picture then it is the sensor dying or dead.

If I were you I would test the camera and CF card like mad for a few days to see if any problem. I would be very weary using this for anything important, even unimportant.

huh? aiyoh, i jus bought the CF card one leh

ok thanks.

i jus tried formatting w the camera, hope it won't happen again, got lots of shots tht i'm actually very happy w/ but suddenly got deleted

happened to me over the weekend too...covering a wedding oversea...
thought lost alot of important shots...
don worry...link up to ur pc n u'll be able to view it again inside ur pc.

happened to me over the weekend too...covering a wedding oversea...
thought lost alot of important shots...
don worry...link up to ur pc n u'll be able to view it again inside ur pc.

PC also can't. the file will open and show a red cross :(

Pc can't? I faced red cross on viewing some of the photos on my camera after insert my card to view from my laptop. then back to my camera again
Just copy all the photos frm your card to your pc will be able to view all photos ba..

formatted the card w/ the camera..

everything seems fine, have been taking 100+ shots, so far so gd

Status
Not open for further replies.