Filename renamer for S602

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkness

Aug 11, 2002
Visit site
I'm quite frustrated by S602's inability to keep a running counter of the pictures that it has taken unlike Canon's camera (I dunno if this applies thruout the entire Finepix series). I've written a program that renames the files of all the .jpg in any folder to a running series so that you can make all ur pictures run in sequence. I've made the program available here.

The program is actually very simplistic, it will list out all the files with in the present folder starting with "DSCFxxxx" in numeric order, then it will rename all the files in running sequence. You can also specify an optional starting number for the sequence.

The syntax is:

FPRENAME xx

where xx is the number you want to start from. If you leave this out then the sequence will start from 1 by default. You can also type "FPRENAME /?" for help.

This program currently only works for files that starts with the prefix "DSCF" (I presume only Fujifilm cameras??) for the time being. If anyone of you find it useful pls drop me a note, thanks!

Any comments for improvement can also tell me, I can cater the program for you as well. ;)

Lastly, this program is written in 30 mins, so it may contains (serious) bugs! I'll not be liable for any loss of your picture files... :embrass: As with all new programs, do make a backup just in case. :D I've tried on my files and they've worked fine so far.

Originally posted by ckiang
You just popped his bubble. ;p
Err... nothing intentional. :embrass:

I think that's not bad as a programming practice. :) What language did you use, darkness, BTW? :angel:

:Later,

darkness so hardworking? ;)

btw, breezebrowser also do a perfect job for u. ;p

Wow, I didn't even know that, after using irfanview for like... 1+ mths?? :embrass:

I used QuickBASIC 4.5 (yeah, that's a freaking old language :D ).

Wow, this program is cool! Way beyond what my simplistic QuickBASIC program can do... :embrass:

Originally posted by darkness
I used QuickBASIC 4.5 (yeah, that's a freaking old language :D ).
<disciple hat = on>

Try Delphi. You can develop such functionality, complete with UI, in less than 30 mins.

No need to deploy runtime files as well. Just the EXE will do. :D

<disciple hat = off>

/me going back to work, ;(

Originally posted by ckiang
Wah, that still exists!?
I still have GWBASIC on my computer. Still write some trivial programs with it once in a while for old times' sake. :)

C:\>GWBASIC
GW-BASIC 3.22
(C) Copyright Microsoft 1983,1984,1985,1986,1987
60300 Bytes free
Ok
10 PRINT "Hello World"
RUN
Hello World
Ok
SYSTEM
C:\>
Those were the good old days.... *wistful* :cool:

wau, long time didn't see this liao, the moment i learnt it was QBasic... :cool:

Actually QuickBASIC is a good language. I still use it nowadays to write small programs to manage some of my stuff, like batch processing some files or to manipulate text files. I think the speed and simplicity of programming is beyond writing a C program. :D

BASIC is not dead yet, don't forget that VB's syntax is actually not that far off from BASIC.

Pinoy, so far haven't seen what Delphi is like. :embrass:

Actually QuickBASIC is a good language. I still use it nowadays to write small programs to manage some of my stuff, like batch processing some files or to manipulate text files. I think the speed and simplicity of programming is beyond writing a C program. :D

BASIC is not dead yet, don't forget that VB's syntax is actually not that far off from BASIC.

then u should try vb.net or c#, it's fast to build windows application from there. ;)

It's obvious you haven't checked out Delphi yet... otherwise, you would've done it in Delphi. ;)

If you know or have seen Pascal syntax, that's almost Delphi.

You may want to check out this HWZ Software Clinic thread. :eek:

Originally posted by chenwei
then u should try vb.net or c#, it's fast to build windows application from there. ;)
Yeah. And you'll need to deploy 100++MB runtimes just to get it to run in other PCs (without the .NET runtimes). :D

Originally posted by Pinoy
Yeah. And you'll need to deploy 100++MB runtimes just to get it to run in other PCs (without the .NET runtimes). :D

hahaa... well, there are pros and cons, no choice. delphi seem like also quite a nice choice, though i didn't really touch it b4. (btw, dun really like pascal syntax ;p )

I can't program in Pascal, sadly. The only languages I know are BASIC (and some of its derivatives like QB and VB) and C (structured programming, not OO).

That's quite sad. Delphi is actually quite easy to learn, especially if you have a good foundation already (OOP, etc). In most cases, writing GUI apps involve drag and drop effort only, with little or no coding required (for example, you can create a NotePad like app with only a few lines of code.)

The way I see it, what makes Delphi productive is not so much of the language, but more of the framework, which is called the Visual Component Library (Windows) and Component Library X-platform (Linux).

If you don't like Pascal, then try C++ using Borland's C++ Builder. You'll (probably) be as productive as Delphi coz they're using the same framework (in fact, you can create a component in Delphi and use it in C++ Builder. You can also compile pascal code in C++ Builder)

Status
Not open for further replies.