file size reduction

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stoned

May 7, 2004
Changi
www.photo.net
Hey all wondering if you could help me with something here. Was trying to downsize an image to fit the 14.6kb avatar requirement and either can't get a sharp image due to saving at poor quality or get a very small image.
In more recent times a 100pixel by 53pixel image was a whopping 60kb even at jpg image quality 3. Argh... Can anyone help?

Noticed some people have large good quality avatars, how is this acheived

Just remove the EXIF data in the Jpeg. Your current avatar contains probably <2kb of image data and the rest is EXIF info.

I used Irfanview to resave your avatar at 95% quality Jpeg without the EXIF info and it shrunk from 14.4 kb to 1.6kb

Francis

Stoned said:
Hey all wondering if you could help me with something here. Was trying to downsize an image to fit the 14.6kb avatar requirement and either can't get a sharp image due to saving at poor quality or get a very small image.
In more recent times a 100pixel by 53pixel image was a whopping 60kb even at jpg image quality 3. Argh... Can anyone help?

Stoned said:

using photoshop, save your pictures as SAVE FOR WEB, then adjust until you can fit the limit. use JPEG format.

Hmm how do you remove the exif data? Sound interesting. Thanks for all your help. Will go home and try the save for web thing.

I use Paintshop Pro 8 to edit my pictures. When saving in jpeg, it has diff compression settings, as well as to save exif data or not.

use fourier series and compress......
wahaha...

Its ok the save for web thing works great. Thanks for all the help and suggestions though

Status
Not open for further replies.