Filckr is offering three months of its Pro service for free as a "holiday gift"

For non-Pro subscribers, is this of any use actually?

After 3 months it will be reset back to Free account.

The 200 photo limit will still kick in and will lose the photos from Photostream right?

For non-Pro subscribers, is this of any use actually?

After 3 months it will be reset back to Free account.

The 200 photo limit will still kick in and will lose the photos from Photostream right?

wrong. the photos are still there, but photostream will only show the latest 200 photos thats all.
once you upgrade back to pro, the images will automatically appear again and you get to see the original files also.

its more like a trial for users to see how the pro version differs from the normal one. i picked flickr simply for the copyright protection that they offer. got a pro account

wrong. the photos are still there, but photostream will only show the latest 200 photos thats all.
once you upgrade back to pro, the images will automatically appear again and you get to see the original files also.

its more like a trial for users to see how the pro version differs from the normal one. i picked flickr simply for the copyright protection that they offer. got a pro account

yeah i know the photos are still there just not shown on photostream

but for free account users who have no intention to susbcribe in future, the 3 months pro account doesn't really have much effect

yeah i know the photos are still there just not shown on photostream

but for free account users who have no intention to susbcribe in future, the 3 months pro account doesn't really have much effect
again as i said, its a trial, so that people can consider taking up the pro acc. if not, just don't sign up for the 3 months? also nothing to lose on your end, and everything for the free ppl to gain.

is there an issue?:bsmilie:

No issue, just making a statement, or more like asking a question, like is there anything i missed about this promo, if you get what i mean?

As in, the free account pple who get this trial now probably won't change their usage habits from having this free trial, because they know it will be reverted back anyway.

I think the free pro is given automatically once u download the app anyway.

No issue, just making a statement, or more like asking a question, like is there anything i missed about this promo, if you get what i mean?

As in, the free account pple who get this trial now probably won't change their usage habits from having this free trial, because they know it will be reverted back anyway.

free pro as in 3 months free?

No app needed.

No app needed.
Yup, if download app, it will be applied automatically.
Or can activate from the flickr website.