Figures/Toy collectors anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaNi3L

Oct 4, 2004
NTU Hall 4
www.katoots.com
Wonder if CS'ers, apart from collecting lenses, collect action figures or other toys? This includes McFarlane, Stikfas, Gashapon, Gundam, etc.. all kinds of 'em. Personally I do collect gashapons and McFarlanes. Tried out Gundam modelling as well, but that's a lot of work. :sweat:

Anyway, there's a local Toy Collectors Forum called Katoots up online. About 1.6k membership.. See if you guys wanna check it out.
http://www.katoots.com

And yes, I'm part of the Admin/Mods there. ;)

DaNi3L said:
Wonder if CS'ers, apart from collecting lenses, collect action figures or other toys? This includes McFarlane, Stikfas, Gashapon, Gundam, etc.. all kinds of 'em. Personally I do collect gashapons and McFarlanes. Tried out Gundam modelling as well, but that's a lot of work. :sweat:

Anyway, there's a local Toy Collectors Forum called Katoots up online. About 1.6k membership.. See if you guys wanna check it out.
http://www.katoots.com

And yes, I'm part of the Admin/Mods there. ;)

vintage transformers and starwars collectors here!

have a collection of McDonald's premiums(toys) from yesteryears but stopped collecting them. seen Ray Charles?

was an avid gundam modeler. But hung up my airbrush after started to work...

all my model paints have since dried up and compressors collecting dust.... :(

me me.. Zoids.. transformers ..gundams... been a zoids fan half my dear life...

I collect Kubricks.

:D

I like Lego.. but my collection quite small now :)

Chkese said:
was an avid gundam modeler. But hung up my airbrush after started to work...

all my model paints have since dried up and compressors collecting dust.... :(

Chkese, any good links or books (in English please) on the proper ways of assembling and airbrushing your models? (Using putty, sanding, etc) :dunno:
My kits' been collecting dust ever since I've wanted to learn how to do modelling like a pro. :embrass:

Newman said:
Chkese, any good links or books (in English please) on the proper ways of assembling and airbrushing your models? (Using putty, sanding, etc) :dunno:
My kits' been collecting dust ever since I've wanted to learn how to do modelling like a pro. :embrass:
There's a Modelling Sub-Forum in the local toy forum I had mentioned earlier. Can find lots of information from the FAQ (pinned thread) in that section.

I had tried to paint my Meteor/Freedom Gundam, but shelved it due to lack of time. :embrass:
Maybe it's time to finish it for good..

DaNi3L said:
There's a Modelling Sub-Forum in the local toy forum I had mentioned earlier. Can find lots of information from the FAQ (pinned thread) in that section.

I had tried to paint my Meteor/Freedom Gundam, but shelved it due to lack of time. :embrass:
Maybe it's time to finish it for good..

Thanks Daniel! Wow, that's gonna take my time away from CS now. Hehehe. :bsmilie:
I've got some big boys (Zero Custom Gundam Wing, MS-06S Zaku II, MS-07B Gouf) to complete also. Just didn't want to screw up the modelling work on these before trying on smaller ones.

Hi Newman,

I been out of action for a while now so not sure if I can help you on this...

Actually, I used to hang around Storm, a modelling shop in Upper Serangoon Shopping Complex (it's shifted to Shaw Towers Beach Road) Picked up lotsa tips from seasoned hobbyists who frequent and the boss,Tang who is an avid military & figure modeller himself and more than willing to share his knowledge with all. Think you'll learn much faster and a whole lot more practicing and asking questions.The shop also has a website and a great forum community where you can get your questions answered.

As for books, sadly most of my reference books are in Jap / Chinese since many of the top anime modellers hail from HK,Taiwan and of course Japan. Mags like Hobby Japan offers some tips now and then and their sequenced illustrations are excellent & quite self explanatory, however, they cost a bomb and you can't read them.You can also try going down Clark Quay flea market to check out cos' there might be 2nd hand modelling mags & reference books on sale over the weekends sometimes.

The taiwanese publications are alot cheaper. If you're keen, I'm willing to let go of my old hobby mags, F.O.C. that'll help u get along...

Hi Chkese, thanks for the tips. I've got my own guides in jap as well. Thanks for the offer but my chinese is only slightly better than my nihongo. So I have to learn from forums and trial and error. I'll check out the places you mentioned. I really dig those works that are really well done. You by any chance a fan of Takuji Yamada's works? His dioramas are fantastic! :thumbsup:

I am a great fan! his work are simply out of this world, really elevated modelling to an art form...did you get his book?

Would have stuck to this hobby if only it hadn't eat up some much time...In fact, I just used my silkair compressor twice after I bought it before confining it to my cupboard, and its been there for a couple of years now.

funny we are having this discussion in CS website... :bsmilie: Actually, thinking of it, I should get my old model kit out for a re-shoot, now that I've got the proper photographic equipment... :think:

Just sharing some close up of one of my works...a friend took them for me a few years ago...

13097event02_e01_c07-copy-thumb.jpg

13097EZ8-thumb.jpg

13097event02_e01_01-copy-thumb.jpg

I collect aliens and predators. :bsmilie:

Chkese said:
I am a great fan! his work are simply out of this world, really elevated modelling to an art form...did you get his book?

Would have stuck to this hobby if only it hadn't eat up some much time...funny we are having this discussion in CS website... :bsmilie: In fact, I just used my silkair compressor twice after I bought it before confining it to my cupboard, and its been there for a couple of years now.
Yep, got his book when I was in HKG a few years back. He's a master of the art. Hey, which hobby doesn't eat up time??? Worse yet, all my hobbies are really time consuming. Kekeke.

<---look here :D

btw i collect those toys that moves or have special functions, like R2D2 that can move & beep, den those sony bluetooth cars etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.