Fieldscope/Lenses for long distances...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ixat

Nov 28, 2005
Hi,

I would like to capture objects of size 2m x 2m out at range of 2-3km.

Are there fieldscope/lenses that can capture up to this distance?

I'm using a Canon 350D possible and would like to fit the camera to the fieldscope/lense.

Thanks for advising!

sorry I only know nikon fieldscope it has a camera mount if you have nikon to canon body moung adapter it should work in manual focus mode. Such ring adapter cost from 80 to 250.

YMMV

maybe u can try the 1200mm lens with a 2x teleconverter...

Total will be 3840mm liaoz...

Not sniper lah :bsmilie:

So bros there is nothing like the new Nikon field scope but able to take up to 2km range?

Thanks!

why not? capture is 1 thing but in the photo how big it is..how much its resolution are different thing..he he..joking..

To TS: you want to shoot what?group of bikini girls ah?may I join?

resolution wise, if u are intending to buy the $700 nikon scopes ED50/ED50A and $700 is the price of the scop...://www.nikon.com.sg/pagearticle.php?pageid=87, i would suggest u forget it... even when using the eyepiece and looking thru the scope, the pic are of low contrast and FLAT colours...not appealing at all...

IF really want to get, get the ED82/ED82A... settle for nothing less than this. And for the ultimate in scoping experience, get a swarovski or leica instead:thumbsup:

And if u want to attach a dslr to shoot, u got to shoot at F13 http://www.nikon.com.sg/pagearticle.php?pageid=91

F13 is almost impossible to shoot wildlife....even at bright sunlight, at iso200/400, the shutter speed is at most 1/60s...

IF really want to get, get the ED82/ED82A... settle for nothing less than this. And for the ultimate in scoping experience, get a swarovski or leica instead:thumbsup:

And if u want to attach a dslr to shoot, u got to shoot at F13 http://www.nikon.com.sg/pagearticle.php?pageid=91

F13 is almost impossible to shoot wildlife....even at bright sunlight, at iso200/400, the shutter speed is at most 1/60s...

what do you mean you got to shoot at f13. i have seen some people using the drsl and a fieldscope and yet they get good images.

what do you mean you got to shoot at f13. i have seen some people using the drsl and a fieldscope and yet they get good images.

It definitely can give good images if ur scope is good. f13 is the apeture size, if u got a small apeture such as f13, u need to use a slower shutter speed to shoot... with a slower shutter speed, u need a very sturdy tripod and a subject tat doesnt move much. its hard to "freeze" wildlife with a fast shutter speed with a scope..

lol ok but then im confused why get this instead of telephoto lens. i know of some people who manage to take pics of birds and animals liek wild monkeys using the scopes. how is this possible then??:dunno:

It definitely can give good images if ur scope is good. f13 is the apeture size, if u got a small apeture such as f13, u need to use a slower shutter speed to shoot... with a slower shutter speed, u need a very sturdy tripod and a subject tat doesnt move much. its hard to "freeze" wildlife with a fast shutter speed with a scope..

lol ok but then im confused why get this instead of telephoto lens. i know of some people who manage to take pics of birds and animals liek wild monkeys using the scopes. how is this possible then??:dunno:

take a lot a lot of times lor....try and try and try again...
they should also have a very strong flash & up the iso value to help them maintain a decent shutter speed even at low apeture. but upping the iso affects the picture quality..

birds wise, still got chance of taking good pics, because especially in the afternoon, birds like to perch up high high on one of the tree branches in a corner with very very little movements.. but if want to take pics of birds flying with a scope, forget it...

oh lol ok.thanks. feel more enlightened now.:thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.