FF vs Crop body for wedding

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's the shooter n not the camera that make it happen. Chill ya dude. Just do your thing ya. Cheerios

it's like Michael Jordan or Kaka wearing slipper while playing the thing they good at..
they still can dunk or score goals lorr...
Using FF does not guarantee one a good photographer..pity those who think that way. Seriously..

Hi bros,

was shooting a wedding sometime back and was approached by someone, this guy saw me using 2 x 40D for wedding shoot and he straight away told me a real photographer never use a crop body for photo shoot. :confused:

Like to hear some view from bros here and i know some of you here are pros, so is it a must to have FF body in order to do wedding shoot?

regards

He's right in some point, but not all

Why can't we all be politically "incorrect" for once?

All things being equal, a better equipment does a better job. Plain and simple. I can provide u with tons of other saying..

As saying goes, going to a "branded" school does not makes a genius.
Having a university degree does not guarantee success.
Money does not give u happiness.
etc... etc...

Yes, i do agree, it's the photographer that matters. True.

But a good photographer can take better pictures with better equipment than himself with a lousier equipment. Plain and simple.

Micheal Jordan vs Himself. One in slippers, one in the latest Air Jordan. Who u bet on to win?

Why is everyone so eager to be political correct and refuses to see the statement in the most basic of manners?

Baffles me....

All things being equal, a better equipment does a better job. Plain and simple. I can provide u with tons of other saying..

etc... etc...

But a good photographer can take better pictures with better equipment than himself with a lousier equipment. Plain and simple.

Micheal Jordan vs Himself. One in slippers, one in the latest Air Jordan. Who u bet on to win?

Why is everyone so eager to be political correct and refuses to see the statement in the most basic of manners?

Baffles me....
Then the real real photographers are the boffins at NASA who have definitely bigger brains behind their camera--the Hubble Space Telescope which is largest camera known in the universe :sweat:
In Hollywood there is a saying: you are only as good as your last project. I guess the same applies to photography. A good photographer only presents the good photos out of many NG ones, of course being professional the NG rate should be much lower.

etc... etc...

Baffles me....

Personally there are two reasons why I'd move to FF.

1) Wides
2) Shallower DOF compared to crop
3) Better(subjective) IQ

If TS is happy and producing good shots with his current setup, why the need to change?

Then the real real photographers are the boffins at NASA who have definitely bigger brains behind their camera--the Hubble Space Telescope which is largest camera known in the universe :sweat:
In Hollywood there is a saying: you are only as good as your last project. I guess the same applies to photography. A good photographer only presents the good photos out of many NG ones, of course being professional the NG rate should be much lower.

Dude.. u totally misunderstood my point. (is it so hard to understand?, lol)

Everything else being equal, if u hold a pns camera, vs u hold a FF camera. Which one do u think u are likely to produce a better picture??

Plain and simple question, rite?

I'm not compare u vs another person. I'm compare u vs urself. Having better equipments "tends" to produce better result (on the basis that u are competent in using it).

The keyword is "tends".

Personally there are two reasons why I'd move to FF.

1) Wides
2) Shallower DOF compared to crop
3) Better(subjective) IQ

If TS is happy and producing good shots with his current setup, why the need to change?

No says says he have to.

Just that if he is given a better equipment, there's more freedom to express his photography skills....

That's the point the camera store owner is making.

No says says he have to.

Just that if he is given a better equipment, there's more freedom to express his photography skills....

That's the point the camera store owner is making.

Unfortunately, he won't be given any camera equipment. He would have to purchase it for a cost at a camera shop. Most of the times, pro photographers have to justify the cost of what they pay for. If they can't justify the extra cost incurred from switching to a FF setup(which would mean buying new lenses as well), then they just wouldn't do it.

Unfortunately, he won't be given any camera equipment. He would have to purchase it for a cost at a camera shop. Most of the times, pro photographers have to justify the cost of what they pay for. If they can't justify the extra cost incurred from switching to a FF setup(which would mean buying new lenses as well), then they just wouldn't do it.

No one is saying he "HAVE" to buy.....

dude.......

It's a ideological argument. No one is saying.. "Everyone, go get ur FF camera and become great photographers"

No one is saying that..... dude....

Stop it with the dude(s), frankly it's quite irritating and rather douchey.

I think the main point here is the guy telling TS that real wedding PGs only use FF bodies, which is completely untrue.

Stop it with the dude(s), frankly it's quite irritating and rather douchey.

I think the main point here is the guy telling TS that real wedding PGs only use FF bodies, which is completely untrue.

Coming from someone who's nick is Cartman? LOL..
Come on, lighten up. :)

Dude.. u totally misunderstood my point. (is it so hard to understand?, lol)

Everything else being equal, if u hold a pns camera, vs u hold a FF camera. Which one do u think u are likely to produce a better picture??

Plain and simple question, rite?

I'm not compare u vs another person. I'm compare u vs urself. Having better equipments "tends" to produce better result (on the basis that u are competent in using it).

The keyword is "tends".
Take it easy. You made a common mistake with the "all things being equal" part. Can we equate the qualitative elements of two different photos?

Who is to tell a photo from a cropped camera has lower quality than one from a full frame?
Quality is something much more than that you see from pixel-peeping, not that I doubt you wound't understand, but it is hard to compare.

Quality can't be in your "all things being equal" statement, so your point is invalid.

And BTW stop using dudes, oh please.

Hi bros,

was shooting a wedding sometime back and was approached by someone, this guy saw me using 2 x 40D for wedding shoot and he straight away told me a real photographer never use a crop body for photo shoot. :confused:

Like to hear some view from bros here and i know some of you here are pros, so is it a must to have FF body in order to do wedding shoot?

regards

lol. You are feeling so insecure to come in here to ask about this? If you are confident about your skills and you can deliver, who cares what camera you are using?

I've been shooting with a 20d for years and still shooting ( though no so much nowadays) I've been to weddings whereby the brothers lug along 5d2 with 35mm L lens to shoot for fun, one was even sporting a 50mm L....and i've seen the look when they dun see the red ring around my lens ( i use a 17-55..)

but hey...anyone with $$ can buy high end equipment, but that do not necessarily make them being able to shoot well or look down on anyone with what they deemed to be less than adequate equipment.

I'm sticking to that old setup b.c it serves me well. I understand my equipment well, how 20d expose, even to the point when my flash conked out during the tea ceremony, i switch to raw, bump ISO to 3200 and wack away with +2/3 overexposure knowing well that i just need to run everything thru noise ninja when i get home..

I guess i could have upgraded years ago, but it really means that i have to get used to working with a different camera all again.

it's just a tool. dun get so worked up.

Canon 5D Mk II - Full Frame (approx RRP $4,299 for the body)
Canon 1D Mk IV - 1.3 Crop Sensor (approx RRP $7,299 for the body)

so... how? with regard to this thread, which is better? :sticktong

Take it easy. You made a common mistake with the "all things being equal" part. Can we equate the qualitative elements of two different photos?

Who is to tell a photo from a cropped camera has lower quality than one from a full frame?
Quality is something much more than that you see from pixel-peeping, not that I doubt you wound't understand, but it is hard to compare.

Quality can't be in your "all things being equal" statement, so your point is invalid.

And BTW stop using dudes, oh please.

U guys amuses me. Seriously. :) I'll leave it as that.

Hi bros,

regards
If you print in large prints, yes. Shots from FF cameras do make a difference (in terms of noise control). ;)

Canon 5D Mk II - Full Frame (approx RRP $4,299 for the body)
Canon 1D Mk IV - 1.3 Crop Sensor (approx RRP $7,299 for the body)

so... how? with regard to this thread, which is better? :sticktong

wonder how that person mentioned by the TS will response to this.

photographer using the 1D mk3/4, but its a cropped factor. so will that person also say to the person using the 1D mk3/4 "only real photographer use FF" LOL :bsmilie:

but seriously I dont think a photographer at wedding dinner need a shallow DOF capable system. table shots, crowd shots u need more DOF than less. so a FF system maybe good but not a must.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.