FF vs Crop body for wedding

Status
Not open for further replies.

fooj

Oct 27, 2004
Sengkang;Fernvale
www.foojphotography.com
Hi bros,

was shooting a wedding sometime back and was approached by someone, this guy saw me using 2 x 40D for wedding shoot and he straight away told me a real photographer never use a crop body for photo shoot. :confused:

Like to hear some view from bros here and i know some of you here are pros, so is it a must to have FF body in order to do wedding shoot?

regards

Hi bros,

was shooting a wedding sometime back and was approached by someone, this guy saw me using 2 x 40D for wedding shoot and he straight away told me a real photographer never use a crop body for photo shoot. :confused:

Like to hear some view from bros here and i know some of you here are pros, so is it a must to have FF body in order to do wedding shoot?

regards

What he told you is rubbish. And by saying that FF is the be all end all thing, he is indirectly insulting himself. Because he is implying that FF will make him a better photographer. Not his own vision and execution plan.

Hi bros,

regards

You ask him if he had heard of an 8 x 10 neg.....

that was bulls**t....
no need to listen to that kind of people laaa... just do your usual stuff, deliver good result to clients... then happy :)

Hi bros,

regards

why u din reply him a real photographer use large format instead of FF.. :bsmilie:

nonsense... don't take such idiotic comments to heart... can only judge after seeing the final product and i must say that your portfolio is really good...

i once saw a wedding photographer using a canon 50mm 1.8 lens at a wedding rehearsal... later during the actual wedding, he brought out his 85mm f1.2L... can you imagine how stupid i'd look if i said to him earlier that "only pros use L lens"...

don't bother arguing with people who think they know everything... just "smile" or "roll yours eyes" and continuing shooting :sticktong

suggestion: gaffer tape the labels. ;)

if you are from the old school, shooting film with weddings before, you know there are some differents between full frame and crop sensor even you are using same focal length coverage, so it is up to you to decide whether you want to use full frame or crop sensor.

as for the person who make such comment, all I can said is typical case of "识少少,扮代表"

Do not be disturbed by such comments guessed that guy know nuts about photography.Just
be comfortable with your equipment.When I was doing weddings my one and only lens
is the 28 - 85mm.

That just proves that he's not a "real photographer" as he only talks rubbish.

Hi bros,

regards

That guy's either a newbie of first time doing a wedding shoot.

I've done a few weddings on both APS-C and FF and what i think is that as long as u get the shot that matters most. U go and show your pics to others and see if they can tell whether u use APS-C or FF for the shots.

Just ignore that newbie or equipment-biased person and carry on shooting.

Hi bros,

regards

How he defines real photographer???

Can i ask what is the real difference between full frame and crop, in fact its only about the dof right?

Oh man that comment must have been hard to grin and bear with. :sweat:
Probably the last thing you want to handle while doing your job is to engage a gearhead guest while he is making derogatory remarks about your tools.
...this guy saw me using 2 x 40D for wedding shoot and he straight away told me a real photographer never use a crop body for photo shoot. :confused:

Hi bros,

regards

i am not a pro.
why are you bothered with these nonsense anyway?
i have seen countless photographers doing wedding shots with crop bodies. and the outcome are pretty good. so i think its fine, as long as the person using it is proficient.
i don't see why he made such a comment. people still take wedding pictures long before digital FF bodies came out right?
what a real photographer must have is to "know what he is doing".

Last edited:
Thanks bros for your advice! Agree i shall not take his word too hard. :) Quite sad that some people do take equipment into heart rather then the final product.

Hi bros,

That soooo reminds me of something some one said once ... about some ah pek saying that 'only REAL photographers use Leica'.

Surely he must be THE ONE TRUE photographer and I feel for the millions of FALSE photographers around the world, including those who discovered and literally invented photography. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Thanks bros for your advice! Agree i shall not take his word too hard. :) Quite sad that some people do take equipment into heart rather then the final product.

There are numerous people like that too. :)

Hi bros,

regards

Dun worry bro, from your portfolios we can all tell that u have some good stuff there!
No one can tell you are using a APS-C
;)

Status
Not open for further replies.