few question ^__^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kobito

Mar 27, 2006
singapore
hi guys i have more question, and sorry for this ^_^;

1. what is that mean by "warranty card not filled" ? i think warranty works only for the first 12 months after goods are bought. so if people in BnS sell a 6 months old camera and the warranty not filled that means we would get full 12 months warranty ?

2. what is the different between 70-105 mm lens and 105 mm lens ? is that means that 105 mm lens cant do any zooming ? just set the focus ?

3. do we have to buy a B+W filter just to take B+W picture ?

Thank you guys, i hope i could get clear explanations from you

:) :) :) :) :)

1. means the warranty card in unfilled only...but warranty still start fm the day of purchase...

2.70-105mm is a zoom lens...105mm is a prime lens...which mean the 105mm has no zoom...but prime lens image quality is generally better than zoom lens...prime lens tend to focus faster than zoom lens...

3. u jus need to pp ur pix in ps/other software to desat it...

thanks for the reply dreamerz ^__^ that answered my question ..

1. what is that mean by "warranty card not filled" ? i think warranty works only for the first 12 months after goods are bought. so if people in BnS sell a 6 months old camera and the warranty not filled that means we would get full 12 months warranty ?

warranty card must fill and send in within 14 days after purchase, if not, warranty will be void, read your warranty card.

2. what is the different between 70-105 mm lens and 105 mm lens ? is that means that 105 mm lens cant do any zooming ? just set the focus ?

70-105 mm lens is a zoom lens (variable focal length lens), 105mm lens is a fixed focal length lens. and yes, can't zoom and only have one focal length, not just set the focus.

3. do we have to buy a B+W filter just to take B+W picture ?

B+W is a brand name, short form of back and white (monochome) is B&W.

so that means if its been even 1 month and the warranty card not filled, that would be useless, and that means no warranty at all ..

oh, so B+W is a brand :sweat: , thank you for the clarification catchlights, thanks for your explanation ^__^

Kobito said:
so that means if its been even 1 month and the warranty card not filled, that would be useless, and that means no warranty at all ..

oh, so B+W is a brand :sweat: , thank you for the clarification catchlights, thanks for your explanation ^__^

I bring my SB800 to Nikon Service Centre to replace a blown flash tube, I didn't filled the warranty card, but I bring the purchase receipt to prove that is only 5 months old, they accept it, maybe this time only.
So, better send in asap, don't try your luck.

Thank you once again ^__^ :D :D

"warranty card must fill and send in within 14 days after purchase, if not, warranty will be void, read your warranty card."

yeah i agree but how come everyone is not filling in their warrenty card? o_o! and still can give the next buyer? care to explain? lol i don't own any camera so i dunoe about NSC

Koelsch said:
"warranty card must fill and send in within 14 days after purchase, if not, warranty will be void, read your warranty card."

yeah i agree but how come everyone is not filling in their warrenty card? o_o! and still can give the next buyer? care to explain? lol i don't own any camera so i dunoe about NSC
Not sure about others, but for me, if when at the time of purchase, the sale person offer to mail it for me, or need to fill in to enable to claim goodies, I will send the warranty card ASAP, but if bring it back home, most likely will forgot to send it in, beside, things hardly spoil within the warranty perior.

Koelsch said:

When 10 years ago I bought a camera from a shop, the boss told me, no need fill in the warranty card. after 1 year if the camera got problem, you fill in a date less than 1 year, Service centre will still accept. :angel: ah-li-ba-ba:angel:

So I dont know whether in Clabsnap Buy & Sell, the seller state "warrenty card not filling" ---is it encourage the buyer :angel: ah-li-ba-ba:angel: warrenty.

Buy the way, as i know, by the low, warranty card no need fill in and send to them, the warranty still valid.

But the service center can ask you provide receipt as proof.

nikon warranty card never state must send in within 14 days or purchase..
they just say, need to show proof of purchase.

i wonder those who got it as gifts or won lucky draw, how to proove to them without a receipt or proof of purchase....

i guess sometimes just just let it slide..

This unfilled warranty card is one of the biggest fallacies circulating in CS and some other forums. Its totally meaningless. Its like saying the lens once came in a box all bubble wrapped with an instruction booklet.

I guess most sellers are ignorant of this fact, else they won't write it down. Anyway service centres are only interested in the receipts, at least as far as canon and nikon are concerned. They can't be bothered with the warranty card. In fact the card you send in is used more for info gathering/customer profiling than anything else.

The only case I can think of when you actually have to register yr warranty is with sony, which gives you extended warranties for registering online.

Status
Not open for further replies.