Festive Love

winsons

Nov 6, 2008
Portfolio_19_Photography.jpg

1. in what area is critique to be sought?
Would like feedback on the composition and setting/technique used for this photo.

2.what one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?
I hope to show the cheerful yet peaceful feeling that christmas gives me with the colorful lights and the reflections in the water.

3.under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
I just finished watching the fireworks with my friends. Was sitting around chatting, feeling very thankful for having such great company around.

4.what the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture
I personally like this picture because of the bright lightings which represent the joyful celebration during christmas. and perhaps the night background and reflection which brings out the peaceful part.

Not really good with this so i hope to get more feedback from the pros! :D Thanks alot! Appreciated :D

Last edited:
Would you mind putting a larger image please? It is not possible to give a fair critique with such a small image.

hi, sorry. didn't realise the size of the photo. :)

First look on this photo, the reflections in the water catch my eyes first. If what you want to show here are both object (the christmas tree and reflection in the water), I suggest show more portion of the water by pushing up the photo abit, where your horizone line is just nice sitting in the middle of the photo. While taking this photo I suppose you don't have any tripod or didn't got the time or space to set your tripod up. A longer exposure here will help to make the light on top brighter also smoohten the reflection in water.

Black background on the right are making good contrast here but seems like showin too 'much'. maybe pushing it left will show more detail of the light and also won't have the feeling of too empty on the right side.

Correct if I'm wrong, I'm not a pro but just list out the feel upon this photo. cheers & happy shotting ^^

noted! thanks for the advice! appreciated!

anymoreeeeee C&C ? :D

IMHO, the lights bit is kinda bright. Maybe you can try stopping down by around 2/3 stop next time? Helps to cut out the outlines against the sky on the right as well as making the colours more obvious.
And ditto with the moving towards the left part.

Either way, this one isnt too bad either. :D

Happy shooting :bsmilie:

noted! thanks :D