Ferrari with Camels

stevesteve

Jun 12, 2010
1.jpg

1. in what area is critique to be sought?
composition, and other areas
2. what one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?
a random picture which i thought could mix 2 different things together
3. under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
took this picture under room lightning.. f5, iso3200
4. what the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture
i took this picture quite randomly, but i hope to get some comments on my overall picture like how can i improve...

Last edited:
This pic does not work for me. The Ferrari, which i suppose to be the main subject in this pic is in a mass of red. No clear tones; just red. That alone puts me off from looking further. I'm not sure where have you focused on the model car, as everything else seems to be blur. The shadows cast by the toy camels are not very pleasing as well. It appears to be too near the wall, which cause the dark shadows.

hi. personally, i thought the camels were abit distracting

This pic does not work for me. The Ferrari, which i suppose to be the main subject in this pic is in a mass of red. No clear tones; just red. That alone puts me off from looking further. I'm not sure where have you focused on the model car, as everything else seems to be blur. The shadows cast by the toy camels are not very pleasing as well. It appears to be too near the wall, which cause the dark shadows.
thanks for your critique.. so what can i do to get clear tones for the car?

hi. personally, i thought the camels were abit distracting
thanks for your critique.. i personally find the camels kinda distracting too.. is it because of the color of the camels? or the camel just does not fit with the car?

I'm not sure, if you had post processed this image, if you have, i think you might have bumped the saturation for the reds to be too high. It seems that the lighting on the car itself is too harsh as well which could be the root of the cause as well.

I think more effort could be put into setting up the shot.. Like a more pleasing background, roads for the ferrari, sand etc instead of the parquet flooring..

:D my 2 cents

I'm not sure, if you had post processed this image, if you have, i think you might have bumped the saturation for the reds to be too high. It seems that the lighting on the car itself is too harsh as well which could be the root of the cause as well.
yup.. i did PP.. saturation.. as i used my built in flash, hence this might be the reason for being close up.. will take note :)

I think more effort could be put into setting up the shot.. Like a more pleasing background, roads for the ferrari, sand etc instead of the parquet flooring..

:D my 2 cents

haha.. because i took this shot quite randomly in my room.. hence i did not really thought much about the surrounding.. but good idea.. i will try it soon at my nearby sandy playground :)

When I saw the title, I was waiting for a story to be conveyed.

I am disappointed. Sorry, doesn't work for me.

I love cars but this one got me disappointed. Doesn't work for me.
You may want to consider shooting the Ferrari on its own, without the camels.
Probably on a clean white background so that the red car will stand out.
Also, try to get the whole car sharp. Car details are important.
Just my 2 cents worth of opinion :)

The flash is kinda distracting for me.

This photo does not work for me as well. I am a big fan of cars and I hate to see nearly half of the Ferrari getting cut off due to the large aperture. You could have reduced the aperture and focused on the car instead of overdoing it like that. Did you use a bokeh lens?

One thing that disappointed me greatly was to find that you "Ferrari" was a car MODEL. I love Ferraris, Lamborghinis, Mclarens, Paganis and the like. Unless the model is a properly scaled car model, I wouldn't take notice of it at all.