Female Names and Handles

Nikonzen

Nov 3, 2014
Oklahoma, USA
Who are the females on this board?

What are some common Chinese, Malay, Indonesian, etc feminine names/handles in SG?

I know it is a broad question...no pun intended :) ...but it is something I have often wondered about.

What are some common Chinese, Malay, Indonesian, etc feminine names/handles in SG?

I know it is a broad question...no pun intended :) ...but it is something I have often wondered about.

Any name that ends in ko is a female e.g. Aiko, Akiko, Asako, Atsuko, Ayako, Chikako, Emiko, Eriko, Etsuko, Fujiko, Fumiko, Haruko, Ikuko, Junko, Katsuko, Kazuko, Keiko, Kimiko, Kumiko, Kyoko, Machiko, Maiko, Makiko, Mamiko, Mariko, Masako, Mayako, Mayuko, Mayoko, Michiko, Mihoko, Minako, Misako, Mitsuko, Miyoko, Momoko, Mutsuko, Nahoko, Namiko, Nanako, Naoko, Natsuko, Nayoko, Noriko, Reiko, Rieko, Rikako, Rinako, Risako, Ritsuko, Rumiko, Ryoko, Sachiko, Saeko, Sakiko, Sakuko, Sakurako, Sanako, Satoko, Sayoko, Shoko, Seiko, Tadako, Takako, Tamiko, Tokiko, Tomiko, Yoko, Yoshiko, Yukako, Yukiko, Yumako, Yumiko, Yuriko etc.

So do you see any ko in Kopitiam?

:bsmilie:

I see KOpitiam. Does that count? 😄

Ko is Japanese style I take it.

So why would they call a boy Yo Yo Ma?

Reminds me of Johnny Cash - A boy named Sue kind of. They expect YYM to have to fight and be tough or something? And if his surname is Ma how come they go against convention? Don't tell me it is stage name and he is gay either...haha

Without knowing the meaning of these one syllable words it's nearly impossable to understand the reason why the name is given or another term is used.
The same goes for Western names. How many people really know what the origins of these names were? In most cases, the sound is all what is left.

Last edited:
Ko is Japanese style I take it.

So why would they call a boy Yo Yo Ma?

Reminds me of Johnny Cash - A boy named Sue kind of. They expect YYM to have to fight and be tough or something? And if his surname is Ma how come they go against convention? Don't tell me it is stage name and he is gay either...haha

Yoyo Ma is Chinese, not Japanese. Ma (马) is his family name,literally translated as Horse. Yo (友)just means Friend. Not sure why double 'Yo'. It is common for Chinese to adopt just a single name. Maybe his parents wanted him to have lots of friends:).

Yoyo Ma is Chinese, not Japanese. Ma (马) is his family name,literally translated as Horse. Yo (友)just means Friend. Not sure why double 'Yo'. It is common for Chinese to adopt just a single name. Maybe his parents wanted him to have lots of friends:).

You are right by your knowledge of Chinese language.

Had Yo Yo Ma been born a girl her name would have been Ko Ko Ma. :bsmilie:

mod lotusfairy is female, IIRC. LOL.

Lotusfairy? What kind of handle is that? :D

Fishing for a cyber sweet heart? Please be careful of: :bsmilie:

Online-Dating.jpg