Fellow E300 Shooter Does China on his E300, 11-22mm

Status
Not open for further replies.

chancy

Dec 16, 2003
Northern Singapore
Visit site
Hi Olyfolks,

If this has escaped your notice, don't, pleased to direct your attention to fellow E300 owner Tomcat's china landscape photos :

http://forum.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=153508

I'll need twelve shots from him to do a calendar :)

Way to go with that "10-22" lens you've got, but my wife says "kudos to the photographer" :)

Cheers,

Wow! Amazing shots!

Now now now... What is with E-300 users these days? All using expensive lenses!!

But it certainly shows that the E-300 shines with the good lenses in the right hands. :)

No lah ! Not all E-300 users are buying and using expensive lenses ! Not me anyway. ;) Especially when there are such kind and generous Oly users around like chancy who had unhesitantly and immediately volunteered to lend me his 11-22mm lens when I told him that I'm going on this China trip. :thumbsup:

But now that I discovered first hand how useful this lens is for landscape shooting, I might just end up having to buy one myself. :D

Beautiful pictures!:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I always wanted to take some waterfall thingy......

Is it very crowded over there? I heard from others who said no place to even put the tripod!! Maybe Chancy can organize a trip next fall ;)

Though it don't look so in my pics, it was very crowded at Jiuzhaigou and it was not even the peak season yet. I specially brought along the tripod to do the waterfall thingy but gave up after using it at one location because it was so crowded especially at the waterfalls. There was a lot of jostling and everybody wanted to get to the best positions to take photo. One wrong push and I or the camera & tripod could have fallen into the icy cold water. :sweat:

I was the only one in my tour group who brought along so much camera equipment and always ended up last to leave most locations and holding up the group as they were rushing from one scenic location to another. Very pai seh. It would be good if it was a photographic tour. Don't have to wait until next fall... the best and most colourful time of the year at Jiuzhaigou is end Oct. Still got time to book a tour there. ;)

tomcat said:
But now that I discovered first hand how useful this lens is for landscape shooting, I might just end up having to buy one myself. :D

Yah, I know. I was actually quite hardup for an ultra wide lens so I did the taboo... to connect my WCON-08B to the 14-45mm kit lens with a 58-62mm stepup ring.

Well, that gave me a 11-36mm monster lens, as wide as the 11-22mm. :bsmilie:

It gave me a whiff of the possibilities with such a wide lens and only whet my appetite to get the 11-22mm as I do get a fair bit of barrel distortion and corner softness with such a setup.

Hi Olyone,

Tomcat has consistently made references as to how much image quality there is in the entry level lenses, and other than having extreme reaches in angle of views, he's true. The dual lens package than comes with the E300 is of tremendous optical value for the price paid, this is sadly an underappreciated aspect of the package.

Compactness & lightness of lens or body can be a postive attribute in travel photography.

So why lend him the 11-22mm ? Well I guess since he's so far resisted the buyrus, I thought I'll seed him a benign tryrus instead, looks like the symptoms are showing :)

BTW: The size of the crowd that appears in your scenic pics gives an idea of why a tripod is awkward to use.

Cheers,

tomcat said:
No lah ! Not all E-300 users are buying and using expensive lenses ! Not me anyway. Especially when there are such kind and generous Oly users around like chancy who had unhesitantly and immediately volunteered to lend me his 11-22mm lens when I told him that I'm going on this China trip.

But now that I discovered first hand how useful this lens is for landscape shooting, I might just end up having to buy one myself

chancy said:
So why lend him the 11-22mm ? Well I guess since he's so far resisted the buyrus, I thought I'll seed him a benign tryrus instead, looks like the symptoms are showing :)

WAH CHANCY!!! didn't know u r "so very evil". :bsmilie: :bsmilie: send him a parcel mail with "Trojan Horse Buy-rus" inside.

hi Tomcat, thx for sharing those amazing landscape pics. now u know u must have it!!

BUY LAH!!:devil: come on, dun bluff urself anymore, resistance is futile....

anyway, i find a few pics have strange colours. i reckon a polariser was used on those few pics? keep them coming!!

(ps. u brought ur cat along? :bsmilie: guess not!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.