Fellow CSnappers heading down to Japan for Cherry Blossom: MUST READ!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ydanz

Feb 7, 2003
SGP
Full Info HERE

Will leave SIngapore for Nagoya on 28th Mar personally.

ydanz said:
Full Info HERE

Will leave SIngapore for Nagoya on 28th Mar personally.

there are many spiece of sakura, whereby the most popular one (Somei Yoshino) bloomed on the 18 this month in Tokyo...

too bad, i'll be only leaving on the 4th next month...

RuthBaby said:
r u at e automotive side?
:D

btw... remember my HRC shopping list

This time no prob cos my office is "lens throw" away from HRC, can see it from window actually!!!

keeekekekee

The actual forecast is from the Japan Metrological Agency.
http://www.jma.go.jp/JMA_HP/jma/jma-eng/sakura/sakura.htm
If you click to the japanese pages, you can get a pdf file with really detailed forecast of alot of places!

I'm leaving on the 26th, but will be around tokyo/hakone area only, which seems to have an early bloom... hopefully can catch abit... :sweat:

regards
..NuTs..

aw.....currently targeting to go tokyo on 5th April...not sure if I will miss it or not. :cry:

berryhappy said:
aw.....currently targeting to go tokyo on 5th April...not sure if I will miss it or not. :cry:

there are other species of sakura that bloom later.

or else, you can take train to chichibu, saitama. you might be able to see the shidare zakura (aka cascading sakura)...there are few shidare zakura trees at zoujou-ji in tokyo (near tokyo tower), so you may not have to travel so far.

wow. cool! thanks! :)

To people who have been there, anything else I should not miss? Have no iternary in mind. I'll just go and bum around for about 2 weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.