Feisol vs Manfrotto (Tripod Quality)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caomhin

Hi All,
Price notwithstanding, would anybody know the quality of Feisol tripods i.e. Feisol CT-1401 or CT-1401N Carbon Fibre Monopod and how this compares to the Manfrottos i.e. 055 or 190 series? :dunno:

I suppose we are talking about build, usability, sturdiness...
Thanks for the info!

manfrotto is good, value for money!

Yes, I do agree that Manfottos are of a good quality and value.
What I am trying to find out is how the Feisol stacks up against the Manfrottos in terms of quality.
Does anybody own or have used a Feisol tripod?

Thanks!

i dun think many ppl own both 2 giv u a gd detailed comparison. :dunno:

I gave up Manfrotto 15 years ago. Does it made us a better photographer????????:)

A better photographer depends on the individual, but it sure gives us better tripods.

actually i was also looking for a tripod that is of manfrotto standard. the guy at CP told me slik there is one model that can match manfrotto..... cos now manfrotto lost distributor or something so haha.... hard to find one....

duhduh83 said:
actually i was also looking for a tripod that is of manfrotto standard. the guy at CP told me slik there is one model that can match manfrotto..... cos now manfrotto lost distributor or something so haha.... hard to find one....

To me Slik is of a lower end than Manfrotto. The agent of Manfrotto will be here soon.

There's already an agent for Manfrotto but it's still early days yet so you don't see the tripods in the shops nor will you know prices but I can assure you, there is one already.

How do I know? I enquired cos I wanted to send my Manfrotto for servicing after 10 over years of flawless service with me.:thumbsup:

In my opinion, I feel that both is just as good. It depends on how you utilise it.

CF Tripods are rather "fragile" by nature. It is strong if it receives axial loading but if you apply force on both the tripods in the transverse direction, I think both the tripods will fracture...

The China brand Tripods maybe cheaper due to the country of manufacture and maybe the level of QC it goes through before it reaches the consumer, Manfrotto may have received more stages of QC...

G-man said:
There's already an agent for Manfrotto but it's still early days yet so you don't see the tripods in the shops nor will you know prices but I can assure you, there is one already.

How do I know? I enquired cos I wanted to send my Manfrotto for servicing after 10 over years of flawless service with me.:thumbsup:

So that's y i settled for a Manfrotto. Maybe the new agent's pricings will be lower?

ShawnQuah said:
In my opinion, I feel that both is just as good. It depends on how you utilise it.

CF Tripods are rather "fragile" by nature. It is strong if it receives axial loading but if you apply force on both the tripods in the transverse direction, I think both the tripods will fracture...

The China brand Tripods maybe cheaper due to the country of manufacture and maybe the level of QC it goes through before it reaches the consumer, Manfrotto may have received more stages of QC...

I prefer tripods that are larger and heavier cos they give me more security for both my camera and lens.

ShawnQuah said:

hehe... dun look down on 'made in china' products cos, nowadays, most chinese manufacturers have wised-up on QC already. ;)

dat said, i'm not sure abt feisol CF tripods. however, by and large, carbon fibre tripods are built to last. carbon fibre is known to be light and strong material - aircraft grade material, if u really wanna know. the only 'complaint' i hear from my frens using CF tripods is dat the CF legs get scratched easily.

nightwolf75 said:
hehe... dun look down on 'made in china' products cos, nowadays, most chinese manufacturers have wised-up on QC already. ;)

dat said, i'm not sure abt feisol CF tripods. however, by and large, carbon fibre tripods are built to last. carbon fibre is known to be light and strong material - aircraft grade material, if u really wanna know. the only 'complaint' i hear from my frens using CF tripods is dat the CF legs get scratched easily.

Hi Hi

Wanna hear your opinion. :think:

I was actually told that carbon tripods are light but less "impact endurance" compared to the aluminium ones..... due to the nature of it... they are hard but brittle when force is applied in the transverse direction.... I have not personally used on before, this was what I was told when I want to upgrade to a CF Tripod... I end up buying the alu ones instead....

on the contrary the guy at CP told me that its likely that the new agent will take the chance to increase the prices. Furthermore, he also mentioned that the new agent will most likely take only higher end manfrotto products not the cheap 190 and 550 type. The reason he gave was simply "its hard to be a sole distributor for a product" word for word.... he said it in his own experience..... like CP took so many years to be sole distributor for slik and etc etc..... not sure whether its subjective or not.... :dunno:

Snoweagle said:
So that's y i settled for a Manfrotto. Maybe the new agent's pricings will be lower?

duhduh83 said:
on the contrary the guy at CP told me that its likely that the new agent will take the chance to increase the prices. Furthermore, he also mentioned that the new agent will most likely take only higher end manfrotto products not the cheap 190 and 550 type. The reason he gave was simply "its hard to be a sole distributor for a product" word for word.... he said it in his own experience..... like CP took so many years to be sole distributor for slik and etc etc..... not sure whether its subjective or not.... :dunno:

If like that then not so gd mah cos what if consumers wanted a lower budget tripod? Then they'll have to consider other alternatives.

Snoweagle said:
If like that then not so gd mah cos what if consumers wanted a lower budget tripod? Then they'll have to consider other alternatives.

Thats why he also added quickly that CP is the "stable" shop and they have been dealing with tripods for very long plus they are sole distributor for slik..... he also said that no other shops have the amount of tripods on display like CP.... im talking about the peninsula branch.... ai ya to cut the long story short.... he is just implying that since manfrotto distributor is not doing that well.... may as well buy from CP.... slik also not bad..... thats what I get from his very long grandmother story..... lol

duhduh83 said:
Thats why he also added quickly that CP is the "stable" shop and they have been dealing with tripods for very long plus they are sole distributor for slik..... he also said that no other shops have the amount of tripods on display like CP.... im talking about the peninsula branch.... ai ya to cut the long story short.... he is just implying that since manfrotto distributor is not doing that well.... may as well buy from CP.... slik also not bad..... thats what I get from his very long grandmother story..... lol

But i still think manfrotto's a lot better than slik. Initially i also wanted to settle for a slik but after researching the manfrottos, i jumped to it. IMO CP does have lots of tripods and a gd range too. But sometimes i really can't stand their service.

Status
Not open for further replies.