Feisol tripod

Status
Not open for further replies.

chalib

Oct 4, 2007
Hi

Would like to know if anyone has experience with Feisol tripod? Looking at model CT-3442 :)

Many thks

no experience with that tripod.

may i suggest what are you comparing it with? alu? cf? balsalt? which brand? same price range? can you stretch you budget? whats ur height? what ur heaviest setup? do u need tripod that can mount centre column horizontally?

no experience with that tripod.

may i suggest what are you comparing it with? alu? cf? balsalt? which brand? same price range? can you stretch you budget? whats ur height? what ur heaviest setup? do u need tripod that can mount centre column horizontally?

Light weight for travelling, short enough when kept not in use..... horizontal centre column is good to have but not complusory. Heaviest set up 5D+70-200f2.8
:)

If feisol is good, may not consider Gitzo GT1541T

Light weight for travelling, short enough when kept not in use..... horizontal centre column is good to have but not complusory. Heaviest set up 5D+70-200f2.8
:)

If feisol is good, may not consider Gitzo GT1541T

what is short enough? if you dont mind bending alittle, than can select shorter tripod, also lighter, else can select 4 section tripod, but less stable than 3 sections.

what is short enough? if you dont mind bending alittle, than can select shorter tripod, also lighter, else can select 4 section tripod, but less stable than 3 sections.

I said short enough to be kept not in use...... for easy travelling, what it has to do with bending?

Anyone? has experience to use feisol?

yeah i'm using hte feisol CF tripod..CT3301 i think. it's one of the older models without the 180 degree leg folding. zero complains to far...been on several trips with it, works as advertised with a 5D and various lenses. legs+ballhead is about 1.5-1.7kg, with the center column attached.

I'm using their entry-level traveller tripod CT-3441B. No complains, my heaviest setup is the Olympus E-510 with the 50-200mm lens, and it holds up very well.

The CT-3442 is the tournament class tripod, so I guess it's a lot studier.

I said short enough to be kept not in use...... for easy travelling, what it has to do with bending?

got affect one, use shorter tripod means it is also not only lighter, but shorter when fully retract what.

I'm using their entry-level traveller tripod CT-3441B. No complains, my heaviest setup is the Olympus E-510 with the 50-200mm lens, and it holds up very well.

The CT-3442 is the tournament class tripod, so I guess it's a lot studier.

Thks bro.
Did you get it locally? what ballhead do you use?

Thks bro.
Did you get it locally? what ballhead do you use?

I ordered through their website, very efficient and pleasant to deal with. The CT-3441B comes with the ballhead CB-30, the one with the round release plate.

If you intend to get the CB-30 ballhead, do get an additional release plate to use with the lens with tripod collars - more for convenience.

I ordered through their website, very efficient and pleasant to deal with. The CT-3442B comes with the ballhead CB-30, the one with the round release plate.

If you intend to get the CB-30 ballhead, do get an additional release plate to use with the lens with tripod collars - more for convenience.

Thks for you advise

Status
Not open for further replies.