Feisol Tripod & head. Any feedback?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo

Mar 14, 2006
East Coast
Hi all, I'm looking to upgrade my tripod.
I'm looking at one model from Feisol (3301) and the head (CB-504).

Anyone here have experience on the models above or on this brand?

Tks. Cheers :)

Hi all, I'm looking to upgrade my tripod.
I'm looking at one model from Feisol (3301) and the head (CB-504).

Anyone here have experience on the models above or on this brand?

:thumbsup: currently using 3301.
:thumbsup: value for $$. best buy.

ballhead is another make and brand.

i'm a happy user of Feisol's CT-3301N for more than a yr...

light-weight but yet beri stable tripod... :thumbsup:

I using Feisol 3401 (I think), heavy duty, light for its size. Very happy with it. Although I seldom use it now, thinking of selling it....

Use it everyday... 3401.. absolutely love it...

Using Markin m20 head with the tripod.

Hart

Hi tks to all, for the feedback.
It seems that Feisol has a good number of fans here. Good.

Anyone can advice about the price and best place where to get those items in Singapore?

Cheers:)

oooohh...

i can feel the CS power brewing now!!!

com'on, repeat after me...

you know it's time to....

BuyBuyBuy!!!!

:bsmilie: :thumbsup:

Yes right, we always start with doubts, question, spec comparison and after that ...the fever pitch appear again. The solution? BuyBuyBuy!!!!:bsmilie:

But what about the possibility to use the tripod to a very low level, I mean close to ground. Is the Feisol 3301 performing well?

Cheers :)

think john 3:16 still brings them in.

bought mine around S$350/. from an M.O long ago... close to 2yrs. still lookin gd and sexy.:thumbsup:

Ooooh I see.
A tripod that is looking sexy:bsmilie:

Any other place where to get the Feisol?
What about spare and other accessories for the Feisol, any experience on this?

Tks :)

I ordered my Feisol CT-3301 directly from the Feisol website a mth or 2 ago. Shipped directly from taiwan and reached my door in about 2 days. I didn't know John 3:16 was selling it. I called eastgear and they were completely clueless about the center column which feisol sells seperately from the legs themselves (at least on their website). Cost me S$390 (incl shipping) for the legs + the center column.

So far so good. Much lighter than my old Manfrotto 190 ProB, extends up to my eyelevel (with the cam of course) without having to use the center column and really stable especially if I hang my camera bag on the hook mounted on the center column. Worth every cent. :D

I ordered my Feisol CT-3301 directly from the Feisol website a mth or 2 ago. Shipped directly from taiwan and reached my door in about 2 days. I didn't know John 3:16 was selling it. I called eastgear and they were completely clueless about the center column which feisol sells seperately from the legs themselves (at least on their website). Cost me S$390 (incl shipping) for the legs + the center column.

So far so good. Much lighter than my old Manfrotto 190 ProB, extends up to my eyelevel (with the cam of course) without having to use the center column and really stable especially if I hang my camera bag on the hook mounted on the center column. Worth every cent. :D

Hi Denosha tks for your feedback.
Can you please help me to know about the performances of the Feisol when need to move it close to ground? Is the central coloum a serious limitation or not?
Last question, which "head" are you using?

Tks in advance for your answers.

Hi All I'm still on this since I have not yet decided what to do.

Looking different tripods on the market I have observed that some comes with the spirit level (some have 1 some have 2) and some other have the possibility to move the center coloum from vertical to horizontal.
Now the Feisol 3301 has no spirit level and no possibility to move to horizontal (unless spend more money for a dedicated accessory :cry: ). My question to all is : are those items really needed in the tripod or not?

Hi Denosha tks for your feedback.
Can you please help me to know about the performances of the Feisol when need to move it close to ground? Is the central coloum a serious limitation or not?
Last question, which "head" are you using?

Tks in advance for your answers.

let me fill u in...

the central column can be removed easily by unscrewing and yes, the Feisol can be laid out flat on the floor. it is still rigid and strong when it is flat down with a big cammie and wide lens.

ideally, u shud get a good, strong and light ballhead to go with carbon fibre tripods. it makes absolute no sense to get a big, strong but heavy ballhead as i feel it defeats the purpose of getting a light tripod in the first place.

want it light? then make sure it stays light all the way from tripod to ballhead.

Hi All I'm still on this since I have not yet decided what to do.

Looking different tripods on the market I have observed that some comes with the spirit level (some have 1 some have 2) and some other have the possibility to move the center coloum from vertical to horizontal.
Now the Feisol 3301 has no spirit level and no possibility to move to horizontal (unless spend more money for a dedicated accessory :cry: ). My question to all is : are those items really needed in the tripod or not?

till u mention it, i never realise that my Feisol tripod does not ship with a spirit level.
i guess some ppl felt insecure with the lack of that gadgetry. i worry more abt my composition then the spirit level.

close to 2 yrs and only now then i realise... i guess i nvr knw what i missed. :bsmilie:

Be a Man. Do the RIGHT thing.

Oops. I didn't realise that you posted a reply to my post. I haven't tried using the Feisol close to ground yet actually. But if you want to, you could always remove the central column and mount your head directly to the top of the tripod (although that will involve some screws and allen keys). I'm using a Giottos MH1000 ballhead.

Anyway, for the spirit level, i think it's more important to have it on your camera itself (like those hot-shoe mounted ones) rather than on the tripod. I had the horizontal capability on my old Manfrotto 190ProB but i've only used it once. It's not particularly stable in that configuration even if you hang a counterweight on the other end. I guess it really depends on what sort of stuff you want to shoot with your tripod.

I've been using the Benro M227n6 Tripod + KJ-1 Ballhead ($605) combi for almost 2 months now. I think its a better build than the Feisol, but of course at a higher price. Performance wise it's really just a little behind Gitzo. I tried hanging myself on the tripod and it managed to take my weight (67kg) pretty well, lol. It also feels much lighter than my old Manfrotto 190pro tripod + mag head.

Status
Not open for further replies.