Feisol Carbon Fibre Tripods

Status
Not open for further replies.

vinvin

Dec 29, 2004
I got a new 3301 tripod recently and got a Giottos MH1000-200 ballhead. However, i came back only to find the screw size for the feisol is larger than that of the Giottos ballhead. Is there any way, I can get both fixed together? Or did i miss something out?

I am using Feisol CT-3401 and it fit well into my KangRinpoche ballhead.
I have no solution to this.
As far as I know, the mounting of Manfrotto, Slik, Giotz and Feisol is the compatiable.
vinvin, suggest you check with shops which you purchase from?
In case, there are something which may be amiss.
If no choice, you have to exhange one of them.

vinvin said:
I got a new 3301 tripod recently and got a Giottos MH1000-200 ballhead. However, i came back only to find the screw size for the feisol is larger than that of the Giottos ballhead. Is there any way, I can get both fixed together? Or did i miss something out?

You might want to check the mounting plate on the tripod. Very often, they comes with have 2 screw size.

I have seen 2 design so far :

1) You might have to unscrew the mounting plate and flip it over.
2) You see only 1 screw, but you can de-press the outer cylinder of this screw and you can see the smaller screw inside.

vinvin said:
u can double check yr giottos head bottom, if i not wrong there is a extra screw thread adaptor. use a 5cent or 10cent coin to unscrew out.

jnet6 said:
u can double check yr giottos head bottom, if i not wrong there is a extra screw thread adaptor. use a 5cent or 10cent coin to unscrew out.

That's the cure for you :thumbsup: Definitely! Just unscrew the adaptor and you'd be able to screw the ballhead on :D

Here is mine (CT3401+Foba Superball M-1):

Tripod_n_Ballhead.jpg

Cheers!

thanks everyone for your replies! yep, i went to unscrew the top of my tripod and there was a smaller thread screw! problem solved!

fengwei, in your pic, wat's the use of the rectangular silver piece of metal at the joint of each of the legs for? not talking about the alan key screws.

vinvin said:
fengwei, in your pic, wat's the use of the rectangular silver piece of metal at the joint of each of the legs for? not talking about the alan key screws.

I don't have the Feisol. On my Gitzo, there is a similar rectangular plate at the joint that keeps the legs from opening too far out. If you lift the plate and open the leg, the leg will open further, allowing your tripod to be set at a lower height (legs more spread apart).

vinvin said:

Dr_ARCHer has answered your question ;) Try to pull it out a bit and you'll see :)

Status
Not open for further replies.