Feelings of Peace

Status
Not open for further replies.

richliow

Jul 9, 2005
Yo folks, been out of this forum for about a month...
busy with work...

anyway, feel like posting some of my shoots to gather feedback from you folks
to improve my photography.

This picture I took was shot with an intention to become my MSN background,
those kind that even when one is angry with another MSN friend, we get calmed down psychologically by the picture...

wonder does it achieve the effect i want......
critique welcome =)
DSC_0236.0.jpg

Wah Kauz!!!
is my shot so lousy that no one bother to comment...:cry:

Take it easy, not everyone vocal or willing to make comment.. even though you have 70+ views. But bumping the post is actually the way to get people to notice & critique =)

It's a good photo, very bright but actually doesnt look serene or soothing. More like happy happy sunshine when I look at it.
Peace is more like a garden of zen, a tranquil lake, I think...

I find the skies very nice.

Very well taken picture. Did you use fill flash to brighten up the foreground or a ND filter.

However, the greens seems quite messy.

Regards,
tltan

Rev said:
Take it easy, not everyone vocal or willing to make comment.. even though you have 70+ views. But bumping the post is actually the way to get people to notice & critique =)

It's a good photo, very bright but actually doesnt look serene or soothing. More like happy happy sunshine when I look at it.
Peace is more like a garden of zen, a tranquil lake, I think...

hmmm maybe i shld rephrase by saying I wanted to capture the kind of feeling
that lavender meadows emit out

tltan said:
I find the skies very nice.

Very well taken picture. Did you use fill flash to brighten up the foreground or a ND filter.

However, the greens seems quite messy.

Regards,
tltan

hmm..i used a micro lens leh..no flash......no ND........
maybe its because the sun is behind me?

I would say you have the nice sky and a correct exposure for this picture, but it looks a little soft to me.

But this picture does not work, I find the subject is lose, is it the sky? plant? or flowers? all are calling for attention at the same time, and I don't feel or sense any peace in this picture.

catchlights said:
I would say you have the nice sky and a correct exposure for this picture, but it looks a little soft to me.

But this picture does not work, I find the subject is lose, is it the sky? plant? or flowers? all are calling for attention at the same time, and I don't feel or sense any peace in this picture.

yah hor....never tot of the possibility that they are all crying out for attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.