Status
Not open for further replies.

evildolly

Jul 27, 2003
Singapore
sassystrawberry.com
what's ur interpretation?? ;)

red0520-BWv2jpg.jpg

evildolly, I don't get it. Are you posting these pictures because you want us to give you feedback on your modelling skills? Because you want us to give feedback on Timber's photography skills? Criticism of the ideas that went into your shots?

So far I have refrained from commenting on some of your other posts. Maybe i'll just say that a Chinese girl may not be the best model for some of the concepts which were attempted. e.g. that entire nymph series was hideous, and I don't care what the groupies say.

your expression says that you are expriencing a wave of sadness as you reminisce a recent unfortunate/unhappy event.

btw I'm interested to know what went through your mind during the pose. :)

=) thx for the comments, its very interesting to see how a picture can be interpreted and the stories that could be behind it.

Actually Timber and I envisioned a Middle-East Princess who just found out that's she's to be married to someone she doesn't know. Something like worrying about the future etc etc.

evildolly said:
=) thx for the comments, its very interesting to see how a picture can be interpreted and the stories that could be behind it.

Actually Timber and I envisioned a Middle-East Princess who just found out that's she's to be married to someone she doesn't know. Something like worrying about the future etc etc.

I guess you're quite successful in depicting that mood. :thumbsup:

Amfibius said:
So far I have refrained from commenting on some of your other posts. Maybe i'll just say that a Chinese girl may not be the best model for some of the concepts which were attempted. e.g. that entire nymph series was hideous, and I don't care what the groupies say.

Agree with you on this, while the shot is okay technically, a Chinese girl is certainly not the best model for this kind of theme.

thoa_rs said:
Agree with you on this, while the shot is okay technically, a Chinese girl is certainly not the best model for this kind of theme.

That's the way experimental shoots are; they have hits & misses. If you don't try, you won't learn what works, and what...doesn't apparently. :)

Fortunately or unfortunately, the model is more or less fixed (obviously Asian ;p ) and resources tend to be limited, so part of the fun (and challenge) is work with what we have to try out any ideas.

Constructive comments on how to improve our pictures are always welcome and greatly appreciated, ideas on what types of creative shoots that would be more suitable would also be great:)

cos if we were good, we wouldn't need to post pics for pple to help us improve ya?

thanks 4 your time,
cheers~! ;)

StreetShooter said:
This is probably the best angle for your face.

I would use soft focus and mute the contrast.

thanks for gracing our thread;)
that's a great idea, but would the bw look weird in soft focus? the color version might be too bright since that veil is red.... fire engine red :bsmilie:

thoa_rs said:
actually bro, we gotta b fair wor. if we didn't noe the model was evildolly, isit really obvious dat the gal in the pic is asian? :think:

evildolly said:

I think the facial expression is there, you probably don't need to drag in external elements e.g. "middle-east princess" into an "emotion" shot. a chinese princess will do just as well :)

I don't think the pic is very good, I give a 3.5 out of 7.
Just my 2 cents.

betazone said:
I don't think the pic is very good, I give a 3.5 out of 7.
Just my 2 cents.
its easy for everyone 2 give ratings. 3.5/7 is 5/10 isn't it? :bsmilie: care 2 share yr critiques so dat we can b convinced of the just passed rating? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.