Feeling Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

KiyoLynx

Aug 25, 2009
Singapore
Hi, im a newbie here and am aspiring to be a model but i have no experince whatsoever.. where do i start? help please??

Thanks!!:D

oh~ typo error.. title of thread was suppose to be "feeling lost" and not "felling lost" sorry.. =p

Last edited:
If you want to be a model then you should be looking in the "personal services offered" section.

If you are just doing this for fun, you can start with TFCD shoots to build a portfolio.

If you actually have the looks to be a model (which most wanna-be model XMM on here don't) and you want a real, professional portfolio, you should be willing to pay a photog for the work.

Hello KiyoLynx,

Welcome to Clubsnap.

Please remember to read the rules stated in the stickies in the Personal Services Offered subforum. Please also note that you can only start creating threads in that subforum after you have registered for more than 30 days OR posted more than 50 posts.

Cheers. Live long and prosper. :)

P/S: I edited the title for you.

Last edited:
how do i do a TFCD?
So i just start a new thread in the "personal services offered" section saying that i want to be a model?

???

i dont know if i have the looks or not but here is my pic (self-taken btw).. be my judge..
thanks for the reply btw! :)

*ps: thanks for changing the title for me!! XD
DSC00870.jpg

DSC00890.jpg

Last edited:
Now the question is... Can you take critique, or will you be like all thin-skinned XMM and insist that you're the prettiest thing on earth?

Do you want an honest opinion, or only want all the single teenagers or dirty old men to lavish you with false praise?

Hi Kiyo...

First of all, i see both your images heavily edited and blurred as though you have little confidence in yourself.

Secondly, i guess you can start by looking for photographers who are willing to do TFCD with you to start builiding a portfolio.

Beyond that, no one else can really help to be honest.

And pls beware of the photogs who may have more on their minds than just photography. :sweat:

Rashkae--> i want an honest opinion and i tink i can handle the critique... ;)

Surrephoto--> thanks for the comment and advise.. i've put up the original photos w/o the editting and blurring to follow ur advise.. :)

Zac08--> thanks for the advise! i will be careful :)

DSC00870-1.jpg

DSC00890-1.jpg

Last edited:
If you want to do better. I'd suggest you read up on the posing techniques and also practise in front of a mirror. There are quite a few guides online on this, so mebbe you can do a search for them.

Your posture is not flattering as you slouch, with your arms and shoulders hanging forward. You'd need to correct this and learn which is your best angle and how you can portray yourself better.

As zac pointed out, your posture is extremely poor.

But most importantly, WHY should photogs want to shoot you? What do you have that sets you apart from the everyday bugis ah lian/teenie girls? Are you tall? Or the regular, "Singapore size" girls of 154-160cm?

Your main asset would be your face. And in this regard, I find you decidedly average. You don't have the classic model features, nor do you have the looks that would make me take a second look at you if I passed you on the street. Instead, shooting you would be a real challenge in order to find an angle that actually flatters you.

You have a very "top heavy" face in that the top part of your face (bottom of nose up) looks disproportionately large comapred to the rest of your face. You have chipmunk cheeks, no definable cheekbones. Your mouth and chin are very small, which means your cheeks hide whatever jawline you may have.

Would I shoot you? Nope. Would I join a paid, organized shoot? Only if there were other models where I saw potential for nice pictures.

You're essentially a "plane jane" trying to be a model. Will you still find people who will shoot your for TFCD or even book you for a paid shoot? Sure. We see a LOT worse "models" on here all the time. Can you really make money off this or last in this field? No.

Sorry if that sounds too harsh; I'm just being bluntly honest. I'm sure you're a great person in real life and will find a man who will think you're the prettiest thing on earth. :)

Last edited:
shoot your for TFCD or even book you for a paid shoot? Sure. We see a LOT worse "models" on here all the time.
agreed with u on that particular sentence:bsmilie:

to lynx
actuallyhor makeup and styling does make a girl look much better.
some high priced mollers are actually plainer or uglier than u without makeup(no offense)
mabbe can try some tfcd first. but be careful of the persons that ask u for tfcd..check his portfolio and search for his name in Cs search for any negative comment.

agreed with u on that particular sentence:bsmilie:

to lynx
actuallyhor makeup and styling does make a girl look much better.
some high priced mollers are actually plainer or uglier than u without makeup(no offense)
mabbe can try some tfcd first. but be careful of the persons that ask u for tfcd..check his portfolio and search for his name in Cs search for any negative comment.

Can't agree more, good make-up can improve somebodies overall outlook by tenfolds.

Hey kiyo, i think you look great imo. Just need a better hair day i guess. Spend sometime finding a better hair style for yourself, and like what many of the other guys are saying here, its alot on your posture.

so try these:

- New Hair day!

- New outfit (for us to see, so maybe we can judge you a little better)

- New pose/ Posture. Dont slouch imo :)

- Make up (some light touchup, eyeliner.. dont over do it too, it has an even worse effect if you pop your face with a tripple coat paintjob :bsmilie: )

P.S.

A little on Make up. What do yall think about a girl who has pimples? Not the queen of the Pimple Pageant :bsmilie: but with a more faded (30% opacity) layer of pimples on her face?

I have a friend whos an aspiring model, but she has a little acne problem. as stated above. Wonder if photog's mind hiring and PS, touch up later or will this be an issue? All i know is when she puts make up its barely visable

I have a friend whos an aspiring model, but she has a little acne problem. as stated above. Wonder if photog's mind hiring and PS, touch up later or will this be an issue? All i know is when she puts make up its barely visable[/B]

1. It would have to be thick make-up, which can ruin a shot.
2. It does take a lot of time to clean up those marks.

I could not care less what the Threadstarter's agenda is but this brings up a good point of discussion and debate.........

So thank you Rashkae for mentioning this below bro..... :) much appreciated :)

... I find you decidedly average. You don't have the classic model features, nor do you have the looks that would make me take a second look at you if I passed you on the street. Instead, shooting you would be a real challenge in order to find an angle that actually flatters you.

.....You're essentially a "plane jane" .......

EXACTLY why I think this is actually a great opportunity for a photog to push his/her limits .......

With a pretty face and great bod.... decked out in a bikini or low cut..... its almost too easy.

Of course with a great model in the hands of sifus here like Zeckson Chow, Ejunlow, Futagoza, Kongo etc etc etc ..... the results could very well shoot through the roof.... and lead to massive blood loss :bsmilie:

Herein lies the challenges and objectives facing a photographer...... bringing out the best in a subject........ alot of thought and ideas needs to be considered

If a photo works because of a great model and not because of great photography..... the photographer has failed

Quote some wise words from an admin's post in a photo forum north of our border....

"People say 'beautiful', but it's not because the photograph is well-executed or has any creative or artistic value but because the subject itself is beautiful.

In otherwords, take a snapshot of any sunset anywhere in the world and no one will say 'this is such crap' because sunsets are beautiful. If a person is even slightly technically competent or is using a camera in 'P' mode then this kind of picture is simple to get and doesn't hurt the photogs face to show friends or post for critique (unless there are honest *ssh*les like Ted & I around ).

The real danger is that the photographer will actually belive that the photograph itself is beautiful, not the subject. Then he/she will cease the learning process...and spend the rest of their lives in the safe 'zone' that they've established churning out nothing but crappy images of beautiful subjects.

The ones that know the difference between a beautifully executed photograph and a beautiful subject are the ones that excel"

Discuss and debate nicely among yourselves minus the potential flaming........... :)

Last edited:
Waa. Honest but brutal answers. :eek::bigeyes:

TS needs to realize the modelling industry is shark infested waters. If you have a very negative reaction to the comments from above, you do not belong in the cut-throat modelling industry.

See this thread --> "Starting out in Modelling Industy? **New Models Please Read** "

Everything you need is there...

Actually, no, everything she needs is not there.

TS. Other have said it, but you need to realize it yourself. Do you have it to make it? Based on the 2 pictures you sent, difficult. Maybe, with make up, hair, and styling, you can, but then, you need to find people willing to commit the resources to get you there. Or you can pay.

However, if you are looking for shoots for images for yourself, then, ask friends to do it, or pay a photographer to do it. Btw, the make over studio in Singapore, DON'T go to them.

Wow! a bit harsh but i dont mind.. :) I do agree with the "chipmunk cheeks" and posture though.. Haha.. Thanks for all the advice.. Im gonna try my luck first and watever i can, but if it doesn't really work out then i'll just gladly accept it and go.. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.