Feel disconnect from friends?

MelodyMusic

Mar 19, 2010
Hi guys,
would like to share some problem and hopefully can get back some suggestion.
Before i went into relationship, my friends and i were close, we always slack , study , call each other out.
But after my first year in relationship , i felt "disconnect" from them. They did not call me out , and perhaps forgot about me.
However, i miss them alot and my girlfriend "controlled" me so i couldn't contact them or meet them out at all, if not she would be unhappy with me.
I tried telling her that i feel like meeting up with my friends as i miss them but she say in an unhappy tone :" Go meet lo , i dont mind de , go lo"
What will you guys do?

your friends might also feel that you have a 'new' best friend and they dont want to play lamp post

but yeah, listen to your heart because we dont know your gf or your group of friends nature and character .....

your friends might also feel that you have a 'new' best friend and they dont want to play lamp post

but yeah, listen to your heart because we dont know your gf or your group of friends nature and character .....

I love my girlfriend and i love my friends but i cant get both the same time :cry:. Do you guys felt like this before?

MelodyMusic said:
But i love her.

I put it this way to you.

Now you both are just bf/gf status, and u r already this problem. Think abt when u actually marry her, what do u think of the consequences to your life?

U will be so hen pecked that u have no face to meet other ppl...... Be a man to wear the pants.

A woman who doesn't care about your well being, is a woman who doesn't love you enough.

U love her? Define your love?

Are u sure she loves you as much as you love her?

your question can be better answered on Flowerpod forums. because the girls there know better to handle the situation. guys will always give you a manly solution, but one that will not solve anything.

i had a situation much like your's years back. in the end, i broke up with the girl because it was harming my relationship with my friends.
i saw her everyday, but when i told her that i was going to meet my god-sister or friends whom i' haven't met in months, she would throw a huge temper tantrum and allege that i
love my friends more than i do, or allege that i was seeing my god-sister behind her back. none of these arguments lasted more than a few days, but they were nasty.

in the end, i would just tell her "i'm going to meet them, like it or not. stop your nonsense and grow up.". and i did. not that i didn't care for her, but she was being too much

looking at the grounds of break-up:

- complains when i hug my god-mother
- complains when i go out with my friends
- complains when i go out with my god-sister
- complains when i go clubbing
- bad temper and very, very jealous
- etc......

however, we don't know her, and neither do we know you personally. the best way is to talk things out calmly with her, and if she doesn't change, then it's time to say bye. no point staying in a relationship when there is no love. controlling someone isn't love, but is more like having a pet that you can play with as and when you like (as you said, controlling).

but then again, you're 18. i suppose she's around that age too. girls at that age will do that. and if she does continue that way and continues to frustrate you, you have to re-think whether this is what you want. at 18, your goals in life will not really be firmed up yet. and frankly speaking, a girl like that will hold you back from doing what you want to do.

your question can be better answered on Flowerpod forums. because the girls there know better to handle the situation. guys will always give you a manly solution, but one that will not solve anything.

i had a situation much like your's years back. in the end, i broke up with the girl because it was harming my relationship with my friends.
i saw her everyday, but when i told her that i was going to meet my god-sister or friends whom i' haven't met in months, she would throw a huge temper tantrum and allege that i
love my friends more than i do, or allege that i was seeing my god-sister behind her back. none of these arguments lasted more than a few days, but they were nasty.

in the end, i would just tell her "i'm going to meet them, like it or not. stop your nonsense and grow up.". and i did. not that i didn't care for her, but she was being too much

looking at the grounds of break-up:

- complains when i hug my god-mother
- complains when i go out with my friends
- complains when i go out with my god-sister
- complains when i go clubbing
- bad temper and very, very jealous
- etc......

however, we don't know her, and neither do we know you personally. the best way is to talk things out calmly with her, and if she doesn't change, then it's time to say bye. no point staying in a relationship when there is no love. controlling someone isn't love, but is more like having a pet that you can play with as and when you like (as you said, controlling).

but then again, you're 18. i suppose she's around that age too. girls at that age will do that. and if she does continue that way and continues to frustrate you, you have to re-think whether this is what you want. at 18, your goals in life will not really be firmed up yet. and frankly speaking, a girl like that will hold you back from doing what you want to do.

Thanks for your advice, i would try to talk to her.Hopefully she would understand.

Nowadays people are becoming more and more selfish unconsciously. This is a societal problem and you can't fix that overnight.

However I will advice that a relationship cannot be an isolate. A relationship itself has relationships with many other things/people. This could mean parents, friends, colleagues, her girlfriends etc.

I've seen many of my friends suffer like this and do not wish you brother will too.

I put it this way to you.

Now you both are just bf/gf status, and u r already this problem. Think abt when u actually marry her, what do u think of the consequences to your life?

U will be so hen pecked that u have no face to meet other ppl...... Be a man to wear the pants.

A woman who doesn't care about your well being, is a woman who doesn't love you enough.

U love her? Define your love?

Are u sure she loves you as much as you love her?

But some people like to be henpecked mar. :dunno:

Before i went into relationship, my friends and i were close, we always slack , study , call each other out.
But after my first year in relationship , i felt "disconnect" from them. They did not call me out , and perhaps forgot about me.

Don't be sad.

You can always come to ClubSnap to look for your new friends. :)

clubsnap will be your new girlfriend.. :bsmilie:

However I will advice that a relationship cannot be an isolate. A relationship itself has relationships with many other things/people.

This is very true.

Even if you're married it shouldn't prevent you from having close relationship with your supplier if she is beautiful one. :bsmilie:

:bsmilie:

go! don't let your gf take away your youth! :)