Feedbacks on S pro series body

Status
Not open for further replies.

Niccon

Mar 9, 2004
I am intenting to get the new s3 pro. But I would like to hear comments from users of previous s pro series on the handling, performace, bulit & relaibilites (if possible as comparison to nikon dslr) they have experienced so far.

Azure

Deregistered
Mar 16, 2003
ClubSNAP community
www.clubsnap.org
I'm a happy user of the S2 Pro. For work, for play, its a great thing to have. Mine's fired off easily >50,000 shutter. Handles like a charm, great colour performance (IMO outstrips the Nikons and Canons for my uses). build-wise, isn't it a Nikon N80 body? I'm very happy with mine.

I won't bother with the tech-spec chase. Let me put it this way, I've done Asian Aerospace, fireworks, indoor sports and dance performances with mine, without complaints. Low-light shooting at ISO1600 is probably the cleanest I've ever had on a dSLR. Does that rate as good enough for me? Definitely.

munwei

Nov 29, 2002
Singapore
Visit site
I've been using S2pro for more than 1.5 yrs. It's been great! Prior to that, I'd been a Canon user (have the EOS 5, EOS 100, and had the D30).

The S2pro's handling and focusing speed compares well with all of my Canon cameras (actually, low light focusing is much better than the D30). Shutter lag is good (much much better than any consumer digicams).

I see a number of clubsnappers selling their S2pro, probably to upgrade to the soon-to-be-released S3pro. I'll probably keep mine for at least another year, as it's really adequate for my current needs (I'm an amateur and use the camera mostly to take photos of my kids). Colours are fantastic and the prints on my Canon i950 come out very nicely (after some minor tweaking on Photoshop).

MW

Niccon

Mar 9, 2004
Thanks for the replies, I think for time being I will keep my D70 till hands on reviews are out. I was taken by the dynamic range but after much thought, may be $4k is a bit too high to pay for this camera after considering my usage & demand. So has to be sure it is reliable & performance is good before getting.

Status
Not open for further replies.