Feedback & Suggestions for Ganbatte Japan (Aftermath of 26/03 & 27/03)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sebastiansong

Jan 20, 2002
Singapore
www.pbase.com
Dear All

Thank you for the generous support over the weekend. Ganbatte Japan could not have happened without the sacrifice of our Donors, Sponsors and especially our members. Before we move onto Week 2 of Ganbatte Japan @ Orchard Central, the team would like to solicit feedback, suggestions or general comments from everyone involved.

Drop me a PM if you prefer to remain anonymous.

If you are keen to volunteer, please indicate your interest
here

Last but not at least, everyone is welcome to contribute even if you were not at Far East or Pacific Plaza for the past weekend.

Have a great week ahead.
Cheers

Hope I may share my 2c :)

1) flow of communication to the volunteers was by several channels. It seems like not all were giving the same info. Hence there was some confusion about venue due to the fairly late decision to switch from Orchard Central to Far East/Pacific Plaza. Perhaps can consider a more centralized source of information? For example if using CS threads, then only 1 regularly-updated post for information, instead of a multiple-page thread where post #1 and post #100 (for example) are saying different things.

2) some donors seemed apprehensive about giving money, and 1 possible reason could be that we don't look "official" enough. There were a number of different organisations collecting money for the same purpose on Sunday. The public might be worried about fraudulent donation-seekers.
Perhaps a visible booth/banner? :dunno: That would certainly result in additonal workload for the volunteers :cry:

If we got a banner tell ppl who we are and why were we there for, will be great.
"Ganbatte Japan" to many ppl they dun really understand the meaning

If we got a banner tell ppl who we are and why were we there for, will be great.
"Ganbatte Japan" to many ppl they dun really understand the meaning

Agree! :) Also, maybe we can have more of those cutouts as well! :)

Please try to encourage more female CSers to help out. Strangers are a lot more approachable with ladies doing the promotion - men can be on quick stand-by to shoot. Remember, not everyone can be like "Charles the Charmer" (a compliment btw).... LOLz! Thanks for the "entertainment" Charles. Whenever you're around, we are much more livelier... :bsmilie:

Last edited:
some little xmm helps alot too... u must watch those video i took with the nikon D7000 to see how eddie's daughter drew the crowds ... amazing!!!

i wonder where are the videos... i hope to keep them ....

I think both xmms and xbbs are crowd pullers - most people have a soft heart towards them... Not forgetting - friendly pets too.

Last edited:
Hope I may share my 2c :)

1) flow of communication to the volunteers was by several channels. It seems like not all were giving the same info. Hence there was some confusion about venue due to the fairly late decision to switch from Orchard Central to Far East/Pacific Plaza. Perhaps can consider a more centralized source of information? For example if using CS threads, then only 1 regularly-updated post for information, instead of a multiple-page thread where post #1 and post #100 (for example) are saying different things.

2) some donors seemed apprehensive about giving money, and 1 possible reason could be that we don't look "official" enough. There were a number of different organisations collecting money for the same purpose on Sunday. The public might be worried about fraudulent donation-seekers.
Perhaps a visible booth/banner? :dunno: That would certainly result in additonal workload for the volunteers :cry:

Agree good points - I also feel it this way too . Will sort this out asap

I think both xmms and xbbs are crowd pullers - most people have a soft heart towards them... Not forgetting - friendly pets too.

Yes will get pets and cosplay(if possible) and I will dig up an offer by one of the shoot organiser and see if we can get their help thanks

Yes will get pets and cosplay(if possible) and I will dig up an offer by one of the shoot organiser and see if we can get their help thanks

Yes, Darth Vader was getting really lonely yesterday... he needs his shock troops (Stormtroopers) to order around and also some Rebel Forces to fight about too... :)

Also may I suggest an additional sign that says (a suggestion): "HELPING MERCY RELIEF in CHARITY DRIVE" or something short and easily read from meters away so by the time the public reaches us, they'd have already known what we're up to - it's up to them whether to donate or not or ask more questions about our cause, etc.

Can anyone please post your pics in the "Reportage and Sports " section - this is to create more awareness. I suspected alot of our members do not know this event by us.

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/forums/31-Reportage-and-Sports

Also can anyone flood the various sections in the outings - brands to publicise this event. We will not infract anyone for spamming - special privilege for this case

Any thoughts about donating (or borrow for a really short run print) some of the really wonderful images (to be selected of course) of CSers who can or cannot attend to be printed in Large formats (poster size) that can be sold for even more $$? Just a thought... It may or may not be a good idea...

Last edited:
Can anyone please post your pics in the "Reportage and Sports " section - this is to create more awareness. I suspected alot of our members do not know this event by us.

Also can anyone flood the various sections in the outings - brands to publicise this event. We will not infract anyone for spamming - special privilege for this case

Good idea!

We have a thread created by bro sfoto100 already in the events section:

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/threads/874756-Ganbatte-Japan-Wishes-from-Singapore

think cosplay is a good idea and a good way to pull the younger crowds, it will give the public another reason to snap a photo... :)

Yes, Darth Vader was getting really lonely yesterday... he needs his shock troops (Stormtroopers) to order around and also some Rebel Forces to fight about too... :)

the missing stormtrooper is here... :bsmilie:

1207386254_E5jft-L.jpg

the missing stormtrooper is here... :bsmilie:

1207386254_E5jft-L.jpg

If we could have the entire storm/sand/snow gang there, it will be a riot there next week! :bsmilie: Chewbacca will have his field day!

But do remember to put this up on facebook way in advance if this is going to happen... public will want to know and make their plans!

Last edited:

Eh...I think we need to be sensitive. Although xmms and xbbs are crowd pullers, we need to be mindful that others may see the photogs taking advantage of this charity fund-raising. Another option is probably a flea market?

Eh...I think we need to be sensitive. Although xmms and xbbs are crowd pullers, we need to be mindful that others may see the photogs taking advantage of this charity fund-raising. Another option is probably a flea market?

That's true.

:)
I don't think kriegsketten meant to have XMM like a 'cheap trick' to lure donations, but thinking more along the lines that a female is usually (and I'm sorry for this stereotype) seen as more approachable compared with a camera-wielding dude :)
Just meant to soften the heart a bit and make people more willing to part with their money.

Status
Not open for further replies.