Feedback required


Status
Not open for further replies.
May 10, 2006
35
0
0
#1
I'm looking for your views.

Next year I'm involved in organising and funding a Beauty Pageant to select a Miss Singapore to compete in a worldwide beauty pageant in Europe.

We are in the planning stages for the 2007 event, and this includes sending a Singapore representative this year, to compete for the first time ever. The competition is next month.

I'm looking for unique and new sponsorship ideas, and thought of this......

What would the members of this forum pay to be invited to photograph the contestants during the lead up to the semi-finals? We were thinking of allowing groups of photographers to do 2-hour sessions at rehearsals, informal shooting sessions prior to, and the semi-final event itself.

There is an added incentive. The photographers will then be invited to submit three photographs to the pageant judges, and the best photographer will be invited to be one of the official photographers for the final.

Re selection of the contestants.

We are sick and tired of MSU. Our pageant will be all about beauty, style, charisma, passion, and the wow factor (rather than MediaCorp simply looking for the next local C8 star). Our judges are selected to ensure the best girl will represent Singapore.

The 2006 Miss Singapore for this European event is a global title-holder (although it never reached the media here) and she will be next year's National Director. She understands exactly what is required to compete on the world stage. Therefore our contestants will be gorgeous, absolutely gorgeous. They will undergo significant training for the pageant, and by the time the semi-finals are hosted they will be of an extremely high standard. (This is a must because we will also be looking for significant corporate sponsorship to fund the events next year - therefore the girls have to be exceptional).

So at the moment I'm just looking for feedback. I've seen the standard rate for 'model' photo shoots at anything from S$80 to S$200. But we are talking about beauty queens. I'm looking at the higher end, otherwise there is little point - we need funds for the event, flights to Europe, National costumes etc. This is just one option of a number we are considering, so please let me have your thoughts. Thanks.
 

#2
artdirector said:
What would the members of this forum pay to be invited to photograph the contestants during the lead up to the semi-finals? We were thinking of allowing groups of photographers to do 2-hour sessions at rehearsals, informal shooting sessions prior to, and the semi-final event itself.
Just my SGD 0.02, if you asking for ideals/feedback and inviting member to shoot for you "miss singapore" to gain experience/explosure why should the photog have to pay. :dunno: :think:
 

student

Senior Member
Jul 26, 2004
3,078
0
0
#3
What exactly is this "World Wide Beauty Pageant"?

And who are the organisers of this pageant and the local organisers?

I think it is important to know because it let us know the expected standards of the participants (meaning - the models)
 

smallaperture

Senior Member
Jan 5, 2004
2,441
0
0
Catchment Area
#5
Better chance to get sponsorship from Canon, Nikon, Epson etc or beauty related companies like l'Oreal, Expression, Triumph, etc. Company sponsors pay in terms of 5 figures or 6 figures.

Photogs can only pay in 3 figures at most!

As for me, I prefer to shoot for free, like a cheapo, from a distance, like a sniper ....:bsmilie: :cool:
 

May 10, 2006
35
0
0
#6
longkangman said:
Just my SGD 0.02, if you asking for ideals/feedback and inviting member to shoot for you "miss singapore" to gain experience/explosure why should the photog have to pay. :dunno: :think:

Thread was to understand if the members are innterested in this kind of shoot. I'm sorry don't understand your comment re gaining experience /exposure. We have the expereince, we'll get the exposure because we control the pageant - we haven't in the past.

For the photograpers, its an opportunity to be involved in an exciting competition, perhaps something they wouldn't normally get to do, apart from shooting from somewhere near the back of a crowded venue.

hope this clarifies
 

May 10, 2006
35
0
0
#7
smallaperture said:
Better chance to get sponsorship from Canon, Nikon, Epson etc or beauty related companies like l'Oreal, Expression, Triumph, etc. Company sponsors pay in terms of 5 figures or 6 figures.

Photogs can only pay in 3 figures at most!

As for me, I prefer to shoot for free, like a cheapo, from a distance, like a sniper ....:bsmilie: :cool:

Thanks, agree with the corporate stuff, we're doing that too. Just wanted to know if the clubsnap members had interest also. I guess what we are offering is to bring you up close and personal (rather than keep you at the back!)
 

May 10, 2006
35
0
0
#8
longkangman said:
usually they have their in house photog one.
correct, but as we are running this..........we decide!
 

foxtwo

Senior Member
Mar 11, 2004
2,522
0
0
singapore
#9
Do the photographers retain copyright to the images submitted?
 

Dec 11, 2005
332
0
16
#11
wah...
chance of a lifetime...
pay to shoot beauty queens, and let them use the image commercially...
where to find chance like this ever again???
anyway, good luck to the event organisers and the photographers who are taking up the challenges...

FREE FREE FREE...
SHOOT SHOOT SHOOT...

Please dun flame me...
 

sehsuan

Deregistered
Dec 12, 2002
6,598
0
0
38
Singapore
www.sportsshooter.com
#12
If I set up a chicken rice stall in the future, I'll tell the people doing the signboards to pay me because they have an exclusive chance to promote my brand, that is unique not just in Singapore, but in the whole world. Makes sense? Nope, not at all.
 

espn

Deregistered
Dec 20, 2002
21,905
0
0
Planet Nikon
#13
So I get to pay to shoot these models for 2 hours.

You get 3 of my shots submitted.

And if the shots are selected, I get to cover the finals event for you FOC, right?
 

smallaperture

Senior Member
Jan 5, 2004
2,441
0
0
Catchment Area
#15
longkangman said:
trying to out source and at the same time get $$$. :dunno: :thumbsup:

Pls don't flame me.
This sounds like having the cake and eat it at the same time, OR killing 2 birds with one stone, OR head I win, tail you loose. Maybe, some day, I will start a business like this - sure to be rich in no time and do like what Robert Kiyasaki preaches - Retire Rich, Retire Young..... :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :bsmilie:
 

theRBK

Senior Member
May 16, 2005
2,048
1
0
#16
smallaperture said:
This sounds like having the cake and eat it at the same time, OR killing 2 birds with one stone, OR head I win, tail you loose. Maybe, some day, I will start a business like this - sure to be rich in no time and do like what Robert Kiyasaki preaches - Retire Rich, Retire Young..... :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :bsmilie:
no need to start business...just write a lot of books about retiring rich and retiring young...convince people to buy them...and then you can retire rich, retire young...:)
 

May 10, 2006
35
0
0
#18
espn said:
So I get to pay to shoot these models for 2 hours.

You get 3 of my shots submitted.

And if the shots are selected, I get to cover the finals event for you FOC, right?

Correct. The competition elelment is just an added incentive for the photographers who support the event up to the SF stage. We will not need to use the photographs taken.
 

May 10, 2006
35
0
0
#19
sehsuan said:
If I set up a chicken rice stall in the future, I'll tell the people doing the signboards to pay me because they have an exclusive chance to promote my brand, that is unique not just in Singapore, but in the whole world. Makes sense? Nope, not at all.

i think you have misunderstood the concept. We are not asking you to promote the brand, this will have been completed way in advance of the competition (if we can't raise funds in advance it cannot go ahead) . We do not need any of the photogrpahs taken, and won't need to use them. The photo shoot is for you only. The competition element was purely to give someone the chance of covering the event live.
 

May 10, 2006
35
0
0
#20
projekts said:
wah...
chance of a lifetime...
pay to shoot beauty queens, and let them use the image commercially...
where to find chance like this ever again???
anyway, good luck to the event organisers and the photographers who are taking up the challenges...

FREE FREE FREE...
SHOOT SHOOT SHOOT...

Please dun flame me...

We will not be using the pictures taken by the photographers who pay to attend the event, or who wins the competition to attend the final
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom