Feedback regarding PSS courses or other budget courses ard??

Status
Not open for further replies.

weewee

Nov 15, 2003
Jurong West
Visit site
Hi, I'm new in photography and would like to enrol myself in courses to learn more but I hope to have some feedback about this PSS.
Any feedback or recommendations on where i can learn how 2 handle a flim SLR?
ohh btw my camera model canon ESO 300V kit.
:)

...where i can learn how 2 handle a film SLR?

Hi weewee,

What do you mean specifically? Exposure, i.e. shutter speeds and f/ stops? Composition, etc?

Maybe you'd like to elaborate?

weewee said:
Hi, I'm new in photography and would like to enrol myself in courses to learn more but I hope to have some feedback about this PSS.
Any feedback or recommendations on where i can learn how 2 handle a flim SLR?
ohh btw my camera model canon ESO 300V kit.

If you are interested in shooting in studio, you can always contact me. I organize studio workshops regularly.

Hewland said:
Hi weewee,

What do you mean specifically? Exposure, i.e. shutter speeds and f/ stops? Composition, etc?

Maybe you'd like to elaborate?

HI Hewland,

As the matter of fact i'm totally new to Photography which mean i know practically nothing so therefore to find some places where i can learn basic knowledge camera handling n photo taking..

Any recommandation on where i could take up lesson at??
ermm.. i've a budget constrain..
soo 2 exp. courses is unaffordable 4 me.

TKS! :cheers:

Astin said:
If you are interested in shooting in studio, you can always contact me. I organize studio workshops regularly.

Hi Astin, I would love 2 learn studio shooting but i know nothing abt photo shooting... I belive to attend ur studio workshops i must at least have some basic knowledge..
Or do u conduct any basic photography workshop or something b4 i learn studio shooting??

weewee said:
Hi Astin, I would love 2 learn studio shooting but i know nothing abt photo shooting... I belive to attend ur studio workshops i must at least have some basic knowledge..
Or do u conduct any basic photography workshop or something b4 i learn studio shooting??

In the past we had all kinds who joined the studio events, from the very beginners (who just bought his camera few days ago!) to the very experienced (you guess?) The only pre-condition is you must be interested in studio shoot. (be honest to yourself.)
In studio shoot, I can start by showing you how to load the film(!), then tell you what shutter speed and aperture to use. If you need, I can also help you on composition, posing etc.

HI Hewland,

As the matter of fact i'm totally new to Photography which mean i know practically nothing so therefore to find some places where i can learn basic knowledge camera handling n photo taking..

Any recommandation on where i could take up lesson at?? Ermm.. i've a budget constrain.. so 2 exp. courses is unaffordable 4 me.

Hi weewee,

I'm basically self taught so I've not attended any courses before. Since you're entirely new, I'd suggest going for it (depending on yr budget). Attend the courses with an open mind and ask whatever questions that may seem stupid.

For starters, the PSS is about the only place I can direct you too. Or you could start off with Astin in studio shoots or sulhan's outdoor lessons. I've not attended these too but I'm suggesting them since they've been brought up in this post. IMHO, it doesn't really matter if you learn studio lighting first or natural lighting first. Get a feel for your camera, its operation, etc. rather than try to swallow too much at once. I sense your anxiety to learn - that's good!

Don't feel intimidated by those around you with bigger and better cameras than what you have. (By the way, what camera do you have?). Important thing is to have fun!

If you'd like, get a book on the basics of photography which covers just about all the basics of photography - just like taking your highway code first before the practical lesson :)

Enjoy!

or u can call safra photoclub to enquire about the basic. i think it's cheapest around town. less than hundred for the lessons. even less if u're ns men

Status
Not open for further replies.