FEE Error with 50mm1.8D on D200

mammothboot

Dec 3, 2008
Have search through Goggle and did everything except the modifying of the lens or camera as I am very afraid of damaging them.
I did use my friend 50mm 1.4 on my camera and also this problem came out. But as I had bought this 50mm 1.8d, I really had to sort out this problem.

Nothing wrong when using it with my Kit Lens of 18-105.

Please advise, tearing my hair out over this. Do you guys need pics of the lens or camera?

FEE error turns up when a lens with aperture ring not turned to smallest aperture reading is attached to the camera body. Turn the aperture ring to 22, problem should be solved.

Had done this already. With the orange spots to each other.

Try moving the aperture to higher and going back to smallest aperture and lock it.. If that doesn't help, you can try cleaning the contacts.

okay. What do I use to clean it? Alcohol swipes or?

Sometimes you need to fiddle around with it. Might be abit loose, nit related to the contact points at all.

Have tried most of the internet methods. Including the put rubber band one. Just does not work. Guess will have to use the aperture ring and not using the metering from the camera. If any bros out there has any other solution, please advise, thank you. And the lens is able to auto focus well.

Have tried most of the internet methods. Including the put rubber band one. Just does not work. Guess will have to use the aperture ring and not using the metering from the camera. If any bros out there has any other solution, please advise, thank you. And the lens is able to auto focus well.

sometimes the aperture indexing tab on the camera has some dirt in the contacts so the camera doesnt register that the lens in stopped down all the way. you can test this out by setting the camera to use the aperture ring and checking if the displayed aperture is the same as the aperture set on the lens. the problem will show when they re not the same.

you can try just flicking the aperture tab on the camera to 'exercise' it.

this happened to me when my d200 got splashed by seawater, but its good again.

btw, i use the aperture ring to adjust the aperture for all my lenses. find its alot faster and more convenient. you might wanna try that out =)

Will rubbing the contacts help? Cause I have been doing that.
Yup, have been using the apeture ring, except the camera light meter doesn't give the right figures. Will have to shoot more to exprience it.

Will rubbing the contacts help? Cause I have been doing that.
Yup, have been using the apeture ring, except the camera light meter doesn't give the right figures. Will have to shoot more to exprience it.

means (for example) that the aperture ring on the lens is set to 5.6 but the camera reads 4(or 8)? i means the aperture tab is not working properly. pull the tab on the camera and the let go so that it springs back. do it over and over until it works properly. happened to my d200 before

the tab on the camera. found on the place where is the lens is inserted?

OH YEAH! Solve the problem! Really is the aperture indexing(AI) tab. Apparently mine has chipped off. Didnt really notice it till now. Thanks alots, Ben Ang!

OH YEAH! Solve the problem! Really is the aperture indexing(AI) tab. Apparently mine has chipped off. Didnt really notice it till now. Thanks alots, Ben Ang!

No problem! my invoice is on its way, do forward payment within one week or receipt. =PP enjoy the camera!

Haha. Thanks!

maybe so, I bought 2nd hand. so am not very sure.