FEE Error on D90

Status
Not open for further replies.

eHowl

Dec 28, 2009
I inserted the lens without locking the orange button (I presume this is aperture lock - can explain abt this?) AF 50mm f/1.8D and it shows the error? Kindly explain why it shows error?

I inserted the lens without locking the orange button (I presume this is aperture lock - can explain abt this?) AF 50mm f/1.8D and it shows the error? Kindly explain why it shows error?

turn the ring to 2.2,can choose to lock or unlock.
as long the ring is in 2.2,it wont appear error.

;)

I cannot choose to move to other aperture?

Try it. Don't be afraid to learn it on your own.
The answer is pretty obvious.

no you cant...the rings are for manual lens used in the past to set aperature

make sure your smallest aperture (largest in number value) is selected on the lens aperture ring, then mount the lens, u shldn't be getting the area already, if still have then something is wrg

eHowl, to answer your question as to why you cannot move it to other apertures. As a matter of fact, you can, with older Nikon film cameras that only have a shutter setting on the camera, aperture size is controlled on the lens.

But with the newer analog SLRs etc, the aperture setting can be controlled from the camera body itself, so the lens has to be prefixed at 22 so that the camera can 'electronically' change the aperture based on the settings you input for aperture on your camera.

Not too sure about the serious techincal aspects. Hope this helps.

Cheers!

Yes... thanks for the brief explanation =D

Status
Not open for further replies.