Feb Macro Outing Photos

Super nice ....

thks, simon. Its out of position, hence composition is out cos of the wind.

I faced the same problem too.
Some of the guys managed to capture great pics.:)

Yes, Ben this was taken with monopod but wind caused it to move out of the area of intended composition. Hence cropped to compose as well. Very low keeper rate when there is wind. The younger macro shooters would do well handheld, with their stronger arms, with more trigger on shutter and better chances of keeper shots.:)

Hey, did you see you and your sigma 180 tat day. AWOL;)

marcus

Thanks Donald for arranging the outing.
Not many keepers due to the breeze.
A few to share. K-5 with DFA 100mm f/2.8 Macro WR

1)
5437848999_36b1a22c6a_o.jpg

This shot is nice, Denis.

Special thanks to Donald , marcus , Denis for sharing their Experience on Macro tips + introduction to macro equipment.

Also thanks to Kent,ben,vangoh,cheong,OP .... etc etc for making this outing a enjoyable 1

Ok my turn to share. C&C welcome

5438187287_2cecf59377_b.jpg

I agree, this shot is unique, the 2 forearms is up. great compo n nice lighting as well.

marcus

WoW! The first one is superb! Lovely :)

Thanks . Glad that u like it . It's my fav for that day too . After I told that shot , I was quite happy cos at least got 1 keeper . Lol

Thanks . Glad that u like it . It's my fav for that day too . After I told that shot , I was quite happy cos at least got 1 keeper . Lol

haha... shoot one whole morning, only got 1 keeper? :bsmilie:

we really must work towards finding a better macro spot... i think amk not many things to shoot :think: lets try lower pierce or venus drive next time...

I agree, this shot is unique, the 2 forearms is up. great compo n nice lighting as well.

marcus

Thanks marcus. I think the spider going to attack me liao , hence the 2 forearms is up . Think I disturb his sat morning sleep

haha... shoot one whole morning, only got 1 keeper? :bsmilie:

we really must work towards finding a better macro spot... i think amk not many things to shoot :think: lets try lower pierce or venus drive next time...

For me .... 1 is already very good ... lol ... low expectation

Some excellent photos you guys captured :thumbsup: I can see you guys had a lot fun there. Pity I couldn't join the fun 'cause I had to go to the airport :cry:

Oh well, there is always a next time :)

Cheers and happy shooting!

After this macro session...i think i been hit by virus again..........:embrass: need to find a Manuel Macro.;p

Thanks for Donald who organise this mini outing. I chat more than i shoot :embrass: i just shoot with my 35mm+ macro converter.Not much keeper as i suck at my light diffuser.

5437844087_669b02ce23_z.jpg

A very rare spider. Look like a wasp mimic spider. Rarer than the AMS. Congratulate on a wonderful find :thumbsup:

Here's some of mine using the kit lens and a borrowed 50mm macro:

Yellow Star

Entrance to Ant City

Lost

James and the Giant Fig?

Grooming

A little dragon

It's great meeting fellow macroians.
Here's my contribution but no keepers.

IMGP2938.jpg

IMGP2947.jpg

IMGP2964.jpg