FEAR, No Fear!

Canonised

Aug 27, 2003
I was thinking the other day about this popular forum, the members, the mods, and of course the photography matters.

One subject that kept coming back to my mind was the psychological orders or disorders that had effects on those hardcore members here, people who come in frequently to feed their obsessions, curiousity, ego, interests, etc.

Of course most members have no fear about coming here and enjoy the communal intercourse among strangers sharing their skills, ideas, experiences, materials, etc. But deep inside most of us, there is a little devil who will have some sort of the traumatic stress and compulsive anxiety - the FEAR factor :sweat:

Have we ever been in their shoes?
1. Open a thread on an innocent subject or post an image, and was immediately bombed by members - never ever dare to open another thread or post an image again.
2. Make a joke or a naughty comment, and received an infraction order from a mod - couldn't sleep for days and couldn't understand why one is under gag with a simple PM :rolleyes:,
is it because we are in a police state?
3. First time organizer and was met with a successful turnout, except that the models came late and one didnt turned up, because she felt sick in the morning around 4am when she came back from KTV - the fear in that organizer will be permanent and that the mere mention of xmm models will make him depress ...
4. TFCD shooter who would cancel all other appointments and rendezvous with buddies so that he could steal a cheap shoot with a xmm only to receive a sms at midnight - "So sorry I ..... )
5. Some serious members open a new thread on a serious, life and death subject and almost instantly some resident clowns put in their usual caps or animals antics and the whole thread became a children zoo party - the FEAR in all these serious writers always live on here ...
6. A member bought a "mint" cam and after a month somehow he found out that this mint cam has been mistressed by at least a dozen other members - the FEAR of the B&S dept is for real:devil:
7. The FEAR of been discovered having 5 clone accounts at CS - and the even greater FEAR of having to maintain the other 3 without giving any clues to the many part time CS detectives, traitors, ex-partners, little people, etc:sweatsm:

Living in fear at CS - what are they for you?:rolleyes:

I was thinking the other day about this popular forum, the members, the mods, and of course the photography matters.

One subject that kept coming back to my mind was the psychological orders or disorders that had effects on those hardcore members here, people who come in frequently to feed their obsessions, curiousity, ego, interests, etc.

Of course most members have no fear about coming here and enjoy the communal intercourse among strangers sharing their skills, ideas, experiences, materials, etc. But deep inside most of us, there is a little devil who will have some sort of the traumatic stress and compulsive anxiety - the FEAR factor :sweat:

1. Open a thread on an innocent subject or post an image, and was immediately bombed by members - never ever dare to open another thread or post an image again.
2. Make a joke or a naughty comment, and received an infraction order from a mod - couldn't sleep for days and couldn't understand why one is under gag with a simple PM :rolleyes:,
3. First time organizer and was met with a successful turnout, except that the models came late and one didnt turned up, because she felt sick in the morning around 4am when she came back from KTV - the fear in that organizer will be permanent and that the mere mention of xmm models will make him depress ...
4. TFCD shooter who would cancel all other appointments and rendezvous with buddies so that he could steal a cheap shoot with a xmm only to receive a sms at midnight - "So sorry I ..... )
5. Some serious members open a new thread on a serious, life and death subject and almost instantly some resident clowns put in their usual caps or animals antics and the whole thread became a children zoo party - the FEAR in all these serious writers always live on here ...
6. A member bought a "mint" cam and after a month somehow he found out that this mint cam has been mistressed by at least a dozen other members - the FEAR of the B&S dept is for real:devil:
7. The FEAR of been discovered having 5 clone accounts at CS - and the even greater FEAR of having to maintain the other 3 without giving any clues to the many part time CS detectives, traitors, ex-partners, little people, etc:sweatsm:

There is always FEAR in our life. Either you deal it or leave it.

7. The FEAR of been discovered having 5 clone accounts at CS - and the even greater FEAR of having to maintain the other 3 without giving any clues to the many part time CS detectives, traitors, ex-partners, little people, etc

No. 1 & 5 like I have been through it lei even in other threads also still got some topic abt it. hahaha. But its normal la, Kopitiam can be serious talks or just TCSS. But at the end of it, its still pure fun.

Bombardment of ur picture being criticize kau-kau is normal la. Its for the best. :thumbsup:

Living in fear at CS - what are they for you?

SeRiOuS?! :bigeyes:

I fear one day while shopping in Orchard Road someone pats on my back and asks me, "Are you Sion?" :sweat:
That's not very fearful yet. It'll be fearful if one day you pat yourself on the back & ask, "are you sion" :eek: :bigeyes: :bsmilie: :sweat:

alamak, didnt know cs can make people so stress out one

bro - it's just a website. your social life doesn't depend on clubsnap right?

1. if you get an infraction, then just sign up for a new username.
2. if you get harassed by other members, then just sign up for a new username.
3. if you want to talk about life and death matters, then this is the wrong forum to raise such issues.

i think a more appropriate question should be - is clubsnap degenerating?

For this point...
Sincerely, I believe CS is like a small 江湖 (if translated to English, the closest I can think of is out in the open sea), where you will bump into all kinds of characters.

• Many are here for curiosity's sake and are simply looking.
  • Many are truly here to seek advice and to learn.
  • Many are here to share their experiences.
  • A small number are simply here to vent their pent-up frustrations from their day-time working/daily lives by throwing their anger at all unsuspecting members, behind the veils of anonymity.
And the last category would be throwing fireballs at every opportunity.
I am sure amongst the CS-ers, there are younger and gentler ones who are just a tad more tender in their social experiences and these can be very much put off by such assaults.
I feel that CS is a good ground for all photographers, whatever your level.
And more importantly so, these tender members. As long as they are not arrogant and incorrigible in their behaviours and tone of words, and are truly sincere and humble in their approach, I believe they should be supported by the senior members of the forum.
Not exactly as in sheltered completely from the Molotov Cocktails, but to be patted on the shoulder as a gentle encouragement whenever they get hit as a target.

That is precisely how we would nurture our own children, isn't it?
You cannot just prevent them from going out on the street because there are gangster out there.
You just got to point the gangster out to them, and advise them not to go near them.
The best thing ever told to me as a young boy: "If they want to create trouble for you, it's never a stupid thing for you to bow your head and kept saying sorry sorry, and slowly back your way up..."

You end up as the winner.
My humble advice to all newbies here.

"Are you Sion?"

"Yes I am The One."

:bsmilie:
Let me put the fear in you.......... "Are you Sion. ..... "Nope, you got the wrong guy" .... :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Of course most members have no fear about coming here and enjoy the communal intercourse among strangers sharing their skills, ideas, experiences, materials, etc.
you mean discourse right? :sweat:

I fear the communal intercourse :sweat:

Last edited:
actually from my short experience here in CS, i find that the younger members tend to be more fearless and vocally abusive
while the older members are more matured and funny

especially true during the school holidays

you mean discourse right? :sweat:

I fear the communal intercourse :sweat:

'Communal intercourse' is applicable, even though 'social intercourse' is also correct, but might be more appropriate at a face-to-face gathering.

actually from my short experience here in CS, i find that the younger members tend to be more fearless and vocally abusive
while the older members are more matured and funny

especially true during the school holidays

Some, regardless of age, or perhaps because of their lack of age and real life experience, prefer to be elitist, patronizing, derisive and put on a mask of intellectual or technical superiority. Without those, they loose their meaning in life. And the worst part is, they're here all year round, not just the school holidays.

Last edited:

usually the people who open threads that are mass-bombable will have thick enough skin to open new ones. this scenario does not work.

that's his problem. if he can't handle such a simple situation, how to handle bigger things in life?

like that also called fear, that one is called humsup then never get what you want. :bsmilie:

children zoo party! i like!

35funny.gif

then buy new lor.
why do you want clone accounts in cs?

Some, regardless of age, or perhaps because of their lack of age and real life experience, prefer to be elitist, patronizing, derisive and put on a mask of intellectual or technical superiority. Without those, they loose their meaning in life. And the worst part is, they're here all year round, not just the school holidays.

yes, some even until very old still walking around telling people what to do, like they are the master of every trade possible... from clothings to photography to where to buy a ladder. sure have something to say to sound authoritative.

:bsmilie::bsmilie:

haiya.......