FD account

Status
Not open for further replies.

Falcon

Jan 18, 2002
Tried to open a Fixed Deposit Account at POSB but was referred to a financial advisor who introduced me many investment plans that I am currently not interested. He was pretty aggressive and I did not manage to shake him off except to tell him that I will consider and come another day. In the end, wasted my time and din open my FD account. Is it possible to open a Fixed Deposit Account without going through those financial advisor?

just say no....

sometime these irritants will make you sign up for those accounts that will entice you with "possible" higher returns...... all tricks!!! :(

He was only doing his job lah... :bsmilie: Just tell him firmly that you only want an FD lor.. :)

I can understand it is his job but after politely declining for several times, I still find myself stuck there. Somehow he just refuses to let me proceed with the signing up of FD account. Maybe it is my fault that I am not assertive enough. Just wondering, if it is possible bypass them to open an account.

I can understand it is his job but after politely declining for several times, I still find myself stuck there. Somehow he just refuses to let me proceed with the signing up of FD account. Maybe it is my fault that I am not assertive enough. Just wondering, if it is possible bypass them to open an account.

Yup.. Just head straight to the teller.. :)

Make noise to the branch manager.

But honestly, FD rates are so low it's ridiculous. There are much better products on the market with very little risk.

yar... most probably not assertive enough.
just be nasty and tell him "shut up and let me do my stuffs or i will call the police that is jagar the posb". i'm sure he/she will back off.

But honestly, FD rates are so low it's ridiculous. There are much better products on the market with very little risk.

Go for foreign currency time deposits, NZ$ fetch abt 8%pa returns. Aussie is also pretty attractive. Citibank has USD for 3 mths at 4.18%pa. But USD is high risk at this juncture, unless you have already had USD on hand....:)

ya they will always brainwash you once u in the room. my grandfather got brainwash and did something he din even know, yes, he claimed the person was very aggressive and language is also a problem where many things were not tell, in the end, complain lor...

me is cos i 16 nia at tat time, not so much money so they din brainwash me much:bsmilie:

nw i trust the usual bank i go, and the single personal investment personnel i always go to~ try makin friends there to save those brainwashin bah, mayb they will really intro something gd;)

Well SGD FD is low rate simply because the SIBOR and SIBAR is low at less than 1%. So it's not surprising that the rates are bad. Kiwi and AUDs are doing well at this point of time. USD is rather shakey. The inter-bank rates are about 4.6 to 4.7%... so depends on your risk appetite la.

do you know why POSB queues are so long? It's because thier tellers are instructed to promote those financial investments....

Hi ... I like the autonomy I have with Maybank. I countered the problem by opening an iSAVvy Savings account and subsequently transferred my excess balance to their iSAVvy Time Deposit online ...

high pressure selling tactics ?

what are they, please?

With inflation going on every year, your money may just shrink in time if it is parked in an FD account.

The FA can be an a$$h0l3, why cant you? If you are too nice, you will be taken advantage of.

I have done that so many times. I just say, thank you very much, I do not undermine your knowledge but please do not undermine my knowledge too.
I have my own view of what is suitable for me and now I want an FD, so are you going to do that or not, if not I will talk to the manager.
If the manager bo liaw and try to be like that too, I will repeat the above sentence, and threaten to complain to MAS. Simple. They will work extra fast to get rid of you to make room for the next vict... I mean customer.

Quick and fast. I dont have to like him, he dont have to like me, it is a simple transaction only.

S$ FD is giving very low interst rate, have you considered Stan Chart e-Saver's? Slightly better rates and your $$ not tied down.

Status
Not open for further replies.