Favourite lens

crystal1993

Aug 16, 2010
Japan, Tokyo
Which is your favourite lens and why?

Do share!

Tamron F2.8 17 - 50 (Canon), it is sharper than the kit lens but without IS. I love the large aperture.

Zuiko Digital ED 14-54mm 1:2.8-3.5. :thumbsup:
Reasonably affordable.
Good standard wide angle and zoom range.
Produces brilliant image quality.
Compact, versatile, and solidly built. :lovegrin:

Carl Zeiss 135mm f/1.8

(FYI, we've had similar threads before, it would help to try a search)

Sigma 30mm f1.4. Like the aperture, IQ, build and HSM. A normal lens equivalent on crop body.

For a while it was the canon 24/1.4. Small light and wide for my style of shooting on the streets. But i also have alot of love for others

ryan

AF-S 16-85mm for me.

light, sharp and convenient as it covers all the focal length i usually shoot at.

Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8 L IS USM II, because it's my latest ... but like the others, I also like many many other lenses. :D

hmm...a favourite lens depends on what kind of photography you like...so it can be highly subjective...

why not ask in another way like "what is your favourite lens to shoot landscape" or something like?

anyway, mine's is my 100mm f2.8L macro...i love the image quality

Only got 4 lens...so my fav is 135 f2L for its bokeh, next is 300 f4 (non IS)L.

Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 200mm f/2G ED VR II. Lovely bokeh!

135 f/2 L :heart:

My favourite portrait lens - sharp when wide open and very creamy bokeh. Excellent performance in low light situations :thumbsup:

The honour goes to mine Nikon 50mm f1.4D.
Using it on a Nikon FF. I did product shooting, event shooting and used it too for travelling/vacation.Its also light and relatively cheap:thumbsup:
The versatility of this lens makes me addicted to travelling with light gears.;)

Outdoor , 50f/1.4 ; indoor , 35f/1.4 .. Both very light and tact sharp, superb IQ , big aperture when needed..