Favourite Buffet Place

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silverelf

Dec 19, 2002
Near Equator
Visit site
Any favourite buffet spots for you guys? I'm recently starting to check out the various places where buffets can be had so I'm curious to know what others think!

I haven't been to that many so far so my comments are really moot....

************************************************_
I said don't click!

hmm..the bbq places near marina bay station is buffet style...food's ok but lots of space for big groups to gather. cheap too..$10 plus the last time i went

also, try the buffet at allson hotel...good stuff. more exp tho, $16+ i think. (its been a year and a half since i last went)

:)

Originally posted by Silverelf
Any favourite buffet spots for you guys? I'm recently starting to check out the various places where buffets can be had so I'm curious to know what others think!

I haven't been to that many so far so my comments are really moot....

************************************************_
I said don't click!

just tried out HOUSE OF ZEN in our changi airport. tim sum not bad and not really x-pansive too.:thumbsup:

Recently, I've been to Goodwood, Plaza Parkroyal, Merchant Court and Breeks.

Selection at Breeks is quite small now IMHO. Shucks.

Goodwood isn't bad and Plaza Parkroyal is good. Me want to try Mandarin next time :D

kuishin bo at suntec sky garden. S$30 but really good selection and quality.
no connection whatsoever with the restaurant. just a satisfied customer.

damien

Originally posted by DAMIENO
kuishin bo at suntec sky garden. S$30 but really good selection and quality.
no connection whatsoever with the restaurant. just a satisfied customer.

damien

AGREED! Another one not bad was Tokyo Sin but now no more buffet. Shucks.

Dim sum Buffet plus a few additional chinese food dishes for only S$12. Location is WTC.

The "Ma La Huo Guo" steamboat restaurant near the fountain of wealth @ Suntec City....
(cant remember the name...but the place has those masks opera artists wear on stage hung on the wall....)

Abt $2x per pax......

Been to quite number of place for buffet and those I still remember and food taste good are these few (not talking about their service here)

Pearl River @ Suntec (go in a group of 6 got special dish) (Chinese food)
Xuan Inn @ International Building (Dim Sum & Chinese food)
GoodWood Park (Coffee bar I think)
Merchant Court
Mandarin Orchard (Top of the M)

There is still alots more but can't remember the name. Will update some more.

Originally posted by swift-monkey
Dim sum Buffet plus a few additional chinese food dishes for only S$12. Location is WTC.

You mean the something dragon gate restaurant is it?

Merchant court is not bad. Enough selection to go for a while... And tyhe price is quite ok... though I can't for the life of me remember the price now.... :)

yup dragon gate restaurant. Anyone knows a better place for dimsum buffet??

Originally posted by ajneo
Merchant Court good?
Wedding bandquet at Merchant Court Hotel. One of the best in Singpore. Minimum 38 tables on Saturdays. But the food is definitely good, at least for hotel ballroom wedding dinners' standard..

Originally posted by Revo
The "Ma La Huo Guo" steamboat restaurant near the fountain of wealth @ Suntec City....
(cant remember the name...but the place has those masks opera artists wear on stage hung on the wall....)
Abt $2x per pax......
It's the soup that makes the difference. You can actually request for more spices in the "Ma La" soup to make it hotter and spicer. The chicken broth / MaLa soup combination is the norm.

Variety-wise, they offered alot and finger-licking good.

But it's not cheap. With the taxes thrown in, $3+ is the normal.

Originally posted by Pegasus
Wedding bandquet at Merchant Court Hotel. One of the best in Singpore. Minimum 38 tables on Saturdays. But the food is definitely good, at least for hotel ballroom wedding dinners' standard..

I agree with you that MC Hotel is indeed one of the best hotels for wedding banquets. However, i prefer the food in no-frills restaurants.
I attended a dinner at Pavilion restaurant at Chinese Swimming Club and also Charming Garden Restaurant at Novotel and the food beats any ballroom banquet dinner (that i have tried) hands down!!!!

Originally posted by NitroTech
I attended a dinner at Pavilion restaurant at Chinese Swimming Club and also Charming Garden Restaurant at Novotel and the food beats any ballroom banquet dinner (that i have tried) hands down!!!!
Wat Lau Ai! Pavilion Restaurant at CSC! The food was damn horrible! Sucks BIG time! :angry:

Originally posted by Pegasus
Wat Lau Ai! Pavilion Restaurant at CSC! The food was damn horrible! Sucks BIG time! :angry:

Just a matter of taste . just a matter of taste..... So now to you i've got bad taste..... simple...

Status
Not open for further replies.