Fav band/artiste....groupie or unique ?

Music Type

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JaDe

I personally go for Hard rock...
juz 2 name a few of my fav band/artiste: KISS (my fav...i'm a KISS army !), AC/DC, Black Sabbath, Ironmaiden, Aerosmith, Kid Rock, Eminem, Steel Dragon, Korn and Creed...
=)
More to unique...

wat about Rap ?
wat about R&B ?
wat about Alternative ?
wat about Blues ?
wat about ____________(fill in the blank)?

Suede, Oasis (concert cancelled, damn!!), Blur, Pulp, Manic Street Preachers, The Specials (2-tone & SKA), James, The Stone Roses.... just to name a few....

Sorree...my knowledge's not very wide !!!
Sorree for those tat i left out !
Eh kinda like the bad boy of rock...oasis too...thanx 2 terrorism, they wun be comin
=(

I like Gansta trippin n Rockefella (4got it's funk or skunk)

Originally posted by JaDe
I like Gansta trippin n Rockefella (4got it's funk or skunk)

it's skank i think...

i like slow rock, like staind. aaron lewis is a total talent man, he's the best lead i've heard hehe.... u2 is cool too

I kinda like Scorpians...

Originally posted by camerakit
What about new age? I love new age!

Me too! Who do you listen to? My favourite is Suzanne Ciani and Kevin Kern :)

I see...
hahaha...then mostly wat genre cds u buy ?

britney spears destiny's child britney spears j lo britney spears christina aguilera britney spears f4 uncle cracker britney spears

I see...
hahaha...then mostly wat genre cds u buy ?

I usually buy mostly Jazz and world music nowadays... classical too... Both this 2 genre forms the bulk of my recent spendings on CDs, though I do enjoy oldies and retro stuffs too(Earth, Wind and Fire, Kool and the Gang, and so on).

Used to listen to lotsa hard rock and metal, like Led Zeppelin, Dio, GNR, Pantera and Rollins Band, but recently lost touch ever since the music scene gets swamped by pop nowadays. Present rock bands don't seem to have the angst ridden vocals of then.

More popular artistes I like include Tori Amos, Jamiroquai, Prodigy, Frente, Sting and Supergrass comes to mind, but dependent on which album too...

I agree fully to the statement on the recent rock bands..
they're always trying to prove tat they're punks n as though they're really on top of the world whereas they start singin on how to kill themselves
-.-
N ususally they do not hav strong bass 2 support their vocals...

-.-
N ususally they do not hav strong bass 2 support their vocals...

Yups. Red Hot Chilli Peppers and Cake are some of the better rock bassists around, although my favourite rock/alternative is the former bassist from Rollins Band, Andrew Weiss...

Still, if you listen to jazz, u will see that some of the most talented musicians play jazz. As far as I know, jazz bassists and drummers and many other instruments they play have no equal. It is more complex thats why to some people not used to it, it sounds like rubbish. I am not taking abt Kenny G's elevator music kinda jazz, hahaha, it bores me.

Originally posted by Gunjack

Yups. Red Hot Chilli Peppers and Cake are some of the better rock bassists around,

they are not really a rock band, they are hip-hop+rap+rock.

Status
Not open for further replies.