Faulty of CF card from using other photographer at the event

joe

Feb 23, 2003
singapore
Visit site
Hi Bro,
I've encounted a faulty CF card from the main photographer which both of us does not know and the best part that 3rd photographer has use the faulty CF card from the main photographer and which does not function. any more when we're at the event.The problem is that I'm using a 2nd hand cannon 20D. Now 3 of our cannon body is now at the camera hospital.

Last edited:

i second u

faulty CF card, is CF card problem. and if u ask me... dun repair ur camera now. cause u said u need to support family? i thought that was obvious

Hi Bro,
I've encounted a faulty CF card from the main photographer which both of us does not know and the best part that 3rd photographer has use the faulty CF card from the main photographer and which does not function. any more when we're at the event.The problem is that I'm using a 2nd hand cannon 20D. Now 3 of our cannon body is now at the camera hospital.

are you giving us a riddle?

first 1 faulty CF card then 1 guy use it without anyone knowing and now 3 faulty camera bodies to repair?

Last edited:
catch no balls but am assuming u are saying u guys used the main photographer's CF card passing it among yourselves and now 3 cameras (yours, the main photographer's and the 3rd photographer's) kaput because of this ?

Question: how come you (or 3 of u) were using 1 CF card?

(suspect could be 20D cannot support a newer generation larger capacity card?)

Last edited:
Hi Bro,

Can explain in simpler sentences? Also, why don't you all have your own cards?

I think that this message is coming out from the faulty CF card...........................:sweat:...............:bsmilie: :bsmilie:

i think 1 card badly wired, short circuited all 3 and deep fried their motherboards. check out

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/canon/988567-20d-50d-camera-motherboard-problem.html#post7516396

same threads, by same group of people.

I think that is the friend of TS using the same faulty cf card.
anyway, check with those technician doing the repair job to find out the actual cause loh....

First of all - send your equipment for repair back to agent. Long gone are the days when you could send it outside for an ex agent repair person to work on your bodies. Agent end will entertain survey/estimate of cost of repair to you for your go ahead to repair. Never heard of such a killer CF card before - have not googled CF card kills camera mother board yet. Posting so many threads under different name is strange - are you a troll looking to be bashed ? Please make a sweeping statement about how one brand is better than another - some one will come forward to entertain you.

Lesson learned, don't share cards because there are no protections!

i think 1 card badly wired, short circuited all 3 and deep fried their motherboards. check out

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/canon/988567-20d-50d-camera-motherboard-problem.html#post7516396

same threads, by same group of people.

Hahaha i found this here, JOE.
I was posting on behalf of a friend, same people. Hi Joe. :D how can the card be badly wired? like, been using that card for many times, first time kenna such problem..

Hahaha i found this here, JOE.
I was posting on behalf of a friend, same people. Hi Joe. :D how can the card be badly wired? like, been using that card for many times, first time kenna such problem..

no idea. i would hazard a random guess that a hard knock damaged some wiring inside/pins got problem and screwed card up etc etc.

if u can pin down that its the card's error due to manufacturer defect, send a mail to the company that produced the card, along with the claim for repairs. if its a manufacturing defect from the company and it killed ur cams, i think there is a good chance u can claim from them.

I have an easier time understanding my accounts department.