Faulty Dry Cabinet

Status
Not open for further replies.

zoom13

Jul 11, 2008
Hi CSers,

I bought a brand new dry cabinet in Jan this year.

Now I realise that the humidity is always at 65-70% regardless of the settings.

Problem is that I cant find my warranty card.

Wld like to know if there is any remedy action I can perform myself or anyway to solve this problem.

Thanks.

First, what brand? :bsmilie: Next, search for the website, check for service hot line, give them a call.
As for some checks: is the power plug properly connected? Is there any Power LED that is supposed to be on? Is the power socket switched on?

First, what brand? :bsmilie: Next, search for the website, check for service hot line, give them a call.
As for some checks: is the power plug properly connected? Is there any Power LED that is supposed to be on? Is the power socket switched on?

digi-cabi..

led on...

power on...

was it like this from the beginning? have you checked the manual?

digi-cabi has 5 years warranty for their dry cabinet. You can try give them a call to check the warranty status of the cabinet. I got mine exchanged for a new one without warranty card.

I had the same problem when i got my Digi Cab. I turned the power off and rotated the humidity knob all the way anti clock wise then turned back power supply. Then adjusted the knob to the required setting. It will take some time.Do it patiently and wait fpr reading to stabalize. Adjust bit by bit. If this does not help then maybe the humidifying unit is faulty.You can replace the humidifying unit ( a small box unit at the back ) by unscrewing the screws and get a replacement. Good Luck.:)

At the back of the cabinet there is a small box with the knob. The left part has openings at top and lower part. Behind is the Peltier element. Does it feel cold and maybe wet? You can touch with a finger, no worries. It's all low voltage there. Secondly, the back of the unit should feel warm (check at back of cabinet). If this is the case then chances are that the cabinet is still working and only the hygrometer is off.
If the checks are negative then the dehumidifier is faulty. Remove the 6 the screws and dismount the unit, bring it to Digihug Service Center (Tagore Lane, see website). No need to lug around the whole box. Easy 1:1 replacement. I heard it's about 40 bucks if you don't have the warranty card.

I think another possibility would be that you did not give the dry cabinet sufficient time to adjust to the required humidity.

It may be because you kept opening the dry cabinet too often to adjust the settings and therefore the humidity level does not really change.

Idk, that may be one of the reason too right :dunno:

try turning the knob to the extreme of each end and leave the door close for a day or 2 to see if it is working or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.